Members, Thanks to u all

mandeep

BIG Thanks

I want to thank all members (since there is no independent THANK YOU thread here) of HIFIVISION, as of today i upgraded to new AVR YAMAHA RX-V663 (may be the last piece in india, joking) from MELODY HOUSE, Chandigarh. My decision, made quick, by the true guidance available here in all the AVR related threads.

There was one piece available , firstly i was hesitant, but by such bold statements made by, like VENKATCR and others i took the plunge.

Initially i was offered 39000/- by the sales person , then the owner who was well acquainted with me, since i purchased my first yamaha RX-V430 AVR from him, back in december 2002 , offered me for 36500/-.

As of today after negotiations, i purchased it for 34000/- with bill/warranty.
(is this price ok)

It came to my mind to Thank everyone here for making the purchase like a cake walk.

thanks guy's

I am enjoying every bit of it, "WHAT A SOUND!":)

Mandeep

Hi,

Yammy 663 for 34k is a steal! Congrats on your purchase.:clapping:

Cheers!

thanks mate:)

couldn't sleep last night, was busy setting it up.

Have a little problem, plz help

(a) During Auto setup with YPAO, Subwoofer(Sony SA-WM500,150W) was not detected, couldn't make it work------what could be the problem?

(b)Also there is no bitrate info while playing HD Audio.

It does gave me DD@448kbps & DTS@768Kbps.

but not bitrate info while playing HD Audio, it only shows this "------"

thanks & regards

Congratulations:clapping:

thanks mate:)

(a) During Auto setup with YPAO, Subwoofer(Sony SA-WM500,150W) was not detected, couldn't make it work------what could be the problem?

For the above problem, check if the AVR has detected the front speakers as "large". One of my friends had a similar problem once..

Congratulations:clapping:

For the above problem, check if the AVR has detected the front speakers as "large". One of my friends had a similar problem once..

Thanks buddy:)

Currently using the Manual setup, sub-woofer working fine, will check and run AUTO setup once again later on.

But I'm still still not getting the Bitrate info when playing HD signals

Thanks buddy:)

But I'm still still not getting the Bitrate info when playing HD signals

I think this is the problem , as i have old HDMI 1.2a cables.

"HDMI 1.3a supports output of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio streams for external decoding by AV receivers. TrueHD and DTS-HD are lossless audio codec formats used on HD DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. If the disc player can decode these streams into uncompressed audio, then HDMI 1.3 is not necessary, as all versions of HDMI can transport uncompressed audio.".....(Understanding HDMI Ver 1.3 — Reviews and News from Audioholics)

Can any one confirm this:)

I think this is the problem , as i have old HDMI 1.2a cables.

"HDMI 1.3a supports output of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio streams for external decoding by AV receivers. TrueHD and DTS-HD are lossless audio codec formats used on HD DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. If the disc player can decode these streams into uncompressed audio, then HDMI 1.3 is not necessary, as all versions of HDMI can transport uncompressed audio.".....(Understanding HDMI Ver 1.3 — Reviews and News from Audioholics)

Can any one confirm this:)

Hi,

You are right, but I still doubt if it is the fault of your HDMI cable. Pls check the settings on your AVR. I doubt the decoding is taking place in your player rather than by your AVR. Though I have not personally encountered such situation, but reading through forums indicate the above facts.

Cheers!

Hi,

You are right, but I still doubt if it is the fault of your HDMI cable. Pls check the settings on your AVR. I doubt the decoding is taking place in your player rather than by your AVR. Though I have not personally encountered such situation, but reading through forums indicate the above facts.

Cheers!

Right now

Bluray player audio output setting is at:primary pass thro'

Reciever shows DTS HD signal on front:- but no bitrate info
smallish.jpg

Tried others settings on bluray player also like:-multichannel PCM, still no info about bitrate.

Correct me if i am wrong:when a bluray players outputs Multi ch. PCM, then this is the decoded o/p using bluray players internal decoders...right?

Then i think problem still lie's in the HDMI 1.2a cable,may be have to get HDMI 1.3(but this contradicts above statement, also mentioned below)

"HDMI 1.3a supports output of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio streams for external decoding by AV receivers. TrueHD and DTS-HD are lossless audio codec formats used on HD DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. If the disc player can decode these streams into uncompressed audio, then HDMI 1.3 is not necessary, as all versions of HDMI can transport uncompressed audio.".....(Understanding HDMI Ver 1.3 — Reviews and News from Audioholics).

Should i go for new 1.3 HDMI CABLE?
:)

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back