memory lane .... let's have your musical moments.

Glad you liked it. Laughter and tears well mixed in one album: McG's Blues always gets a tear from me somehow, whether it is from the lyrics or the music.

I only have the one album. I think he had quite an influence on many other musicians though.

My Music Journey started in 1990ss ..... and the first "English" track that I listened and was totally glued to was ..

George Michael ... "The Faith" ... If anyone has not yet listened (highly unlikely) to this I insist to press play, you wont be disappointed ....

George Michael - Faith (US Version) - YouTube

and after that there was no looking back, though Old Hindi Classics still are my preferable humming, but a Journey did start. Currently there are not much bands that I listen to except Linkinpark, limp bizkit maybe .....My fav would always be "Def Leppard"
I still have Grammy Awards 1990 part 1 and 2, 1991 and 1992 cassettes with me and fond memories with those songs ......

Another rare piece of western Mix numbers were released by Pepsi Co. in the 1990 called
Pepsi Beat. "The Heat Is On" and had some of the top classics of that time ....

I remember 5,6 songs clearly of that album, rest forgotten ..... sharing those with you as well....Every song is reminiscent of the 90 and melodious

1. Vogue.... Madonna
2. I wanna be your man ... Roger and Zapp
3. Keep on running ....... Milli Vanali
4. Buffalo Stance ......... Neneh Cherry
5. Rhythm is a dancer ........ SNAP
6. I been thinking about you......Londonbeat

1. Vogue.... Madonna

Madonna - Vogue (video) - YouTube

2. I wanna be your man ... Roger and Zapp​

Zapp & Roger - I Wanna Be Your Man(Official video)+Lyrics - YouTube

3. Keep on running ....... Milli Vanali​

Milli Vanilli - Keep On Running - YouTube

NOTE :: Mili Vanalli went in to one of the greatest controversies of that time when they were accused of not actually singing the song "Blame it on the rain" but just lip syncing with song being sung by someone else ..... during Grammy 1990 awards ...

Sharing that song as well ... BTW the song is one hell of a song ... Too ****in catchy ....

3. Blame it on the Rain ....... Milli Vanali

Request you to listen to this one on your spk system ..... some kick **** beats ...​

Milli Vanilli - Blame It On The Rain (All Or Nothing-The U.S. Remix Album - YouTube

Buffalo Stance ......... Neneh Cherry​

Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance - YouTube

Hope some one shares the same memories of the 90s pop music genre :)

Last edited:
Glad you liked it. Laughter and tears well mixed in one album: McG's Blues always gets a tear from me somehow, whether it is from the lyrics or the music.

I only have the one album. I think he had quite an influence on many other musicians though.

I am looking for Folkjokeopus and Stormcock, which seem to be among Roy Harper's best known albums.

Stormcock - Roy Harper : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards : AllMusic

Roy Harper- The Same Old Rock - YouTube

Superb track by Roy Harper and Jimmy Page from Stormcock (1971). The lyrics are obscure, mysterious and dylanesque (no longer my cup of tea. I prefer clear and direct lyrics, a la Ochs) but the music and vocals are great. Brought back memories of Jethro Tull, Led Zep and Bob Dylan.

First time I got hooked to Metal was when I heard I disappear by Metallica, when the video was aired on Channel V etc, Oh it was like love at first listen, had absolutely no clue what Metallica was, then got to see their S&M concert on channel V, then got CDs from a friend and was introduced to the amazing world of Heavy Metal.
Then again, one moment I would recall was the first time I ever listened to Slayer, the track was Raining Blood and I literally was scared about the whole way it sounded.
First Major concert I had attended was the first ever Iron Maiden gig in Bangalore, in 2007. Still have not been able to get over that gig, It was amazing.. The way eddie got on stage and that one moment when Bruce climbed to the top of the stage and slid all the way down, INSANE..

E-m-p-a-t-h-y. A word which has vanished from our lives, as we go hunting for another (branded in the west, manufactured in the east) toy. I admit that I am an armchair liberal. I love to spout compassionate nonsense, yet I seldom put my beliefs into practice. I am willing to buy an amp for 200K but hesitate before spending 2K on a worthwhile cause. Our planet is dying from an overdose of selfishness. Greed. Envy. Outright hatred for anyone who has acquired more money and power than us. We are surrounded by people who are less fortunate than us. People enduring a daily nightmare of surviving day to day on next to nothing. But we pretend to be deaf and blind to their hopeless existence.

Does a mere song have the power to connect us to the suffering of our planet? Maybe if the singer has the vision of a prophet. The wisdom of a saint. The humility of a martyr. The beauty of an angel:

Show me a prison, show me a jail
Show me a prisoner whose face has grown pale

And I'll show you a young man
With many reasons why
And there but for fortune, go you or I

Show me an alley, show me a train
Show me a hobo who sleeps out in the rain

With many reasons why
And there but for fortune, go you or I

Show me the whiskey stains on the floor
Show me a drunken man as he stumbles out the door

With many reasons why
There but for fortune, may go you or I

Show me a country where the bombs had to fall
Show me the ruins of buildings once so tall

And I'll show you a young land
With so many reasons why
There but for fortune, may go you or I
You or I

There But For Fortune - Phil Ochs - YouTube

my first tape was Viva by James Last (gifted by my god mother), the first tapes I bought with my savings was Ac-DC's Blow Up Your Video, Europe's Europe and Europe's Final Countdown. A few days later, added Metallica's black album and Judas Priest's Pain Killer. Was gifted a double cassette Van Halen live album - Right here Right now a month later and this was my staple for the first few months, courtesy my pocket money. More got added later on.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back