MG Hector Sharp Petrol DCT Or Hyundai 1.4 SX(O) DCT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @kvm . No doubt Kia is a beautiful car in comparison to Creta and otherwise. But sadly my son has striked that down just due to unavialability of panoramic sunroof. Otherwise thats a beautiful looking car.
Please also keep in mind the poor GNCAP rating of Seltos if safety is priority. We deserve better safety in that price range.

Please also keep in mind the poor GNCAP rating of Seltos if safety is priority. We deserve better safety in that price range.
No automobile rather any foreign company takes Indian customers seriously. Be it safety or quality.

team-bhp is hifivision for cars, do have a look -

BTW, XUV300 is rated NCAP-5

ATB for your search :)

team-bhp is hifivision for cars, do have a look -

BTW, XUV300 is rated NCAP-5

ATB for your search :)
I do follow team bhp. Very minute level reviews.

@Vivek Batra when you decided to spend 20L of budget on four-wheeler, suggest you to go for one with rear multi-link suspension and all wheel disc breaks plus good ncap rating.

That DCT on Korean cars are nothing but VAG DSG 7 (DQ200) gear box, which is not recommended beyond 200 nm torque. If you are buying a car with it make sure you have 5 year warranty on it.

If you have safety considerations stay away from Chinese and Korean coffins.

Suggest you to wait for new xuv500 and also consider Jeep Compass.

@Vivek Batra when you decided to spend 20L of budget on four-wheeler, suggest you to go for one with rear multi-link suspension and all wheel disc breaks plus good ncap rating.

That DCT on Korean cars are nothing but VAG DSG 7 (DQ200) gear box, which is not recommended beyond 200 nm torque. If you are buying a car with it make sure you have 5 year warranty on it.

If you have safety considerations stay away from Chinese and Korean coffins.

Suggest you to wait for new xuv500 and also consider Jeep Compass.
@balavignesh002 Thanks for your thoughts on DCT boxes. I am a staunch fan of JEEP. No one would have waited for Comapss as long as I did when it was first launched. But all the time Jeep has disappointed its customers thats why almost negligible sales numbers as compared to competetion.

When the Compass was launched, Jeep did their best to trim down the maxium equipment/features that was a deal breaker for me, then I waited for the Trailhawk but the price it was launched was out of my pocket.

Now I was waiting for facelifted version of Compass, they added all the missnig frills but only in the top end variant (Model S) and that costs > 28 L on road. Again they havn't learned from the past how and what sells in India. I can not understand how to pricing is done for Indian customers. The same or better variants of Compass are exported to other countries and still they are cheap in those countries compared to Indian prices.

Regarding Mahindra/Tata, I am sorry to say I do not have any confidence in both the companies when it comes to making cars. Limited choice I must say.

No choice, not even limited.
Jeep - expensive
Tata / mahindra - you don't trust
Hyundai / kia - all advising against it mainly for safety issues

I don't think anything left except vw

Jeep - expensive

The same scenario has held me back for buying a new car. Its an looooooong overdue need now. My family curses me for not buying a car. ;)

May be Taigun or T-ROC

Last edited by a moderator:
Well within your intended budget, but have you given a thought on the Ford EcoSport ?
Have been driving from over 2 years now and have no complaints what so ever.
Try and have a test drive for the Sports variant with ecoboost engine. Is a treat to drive and be driven. Just my 2 cents :)

Well within your intended budget, but have you given a thought on the Ford EcoSport ?
Try and have a test drive for the Sports variant with ecoboost engine. Is a treat to drive and be driven. Just my 2 cents :)
Ford is a good company, I just need a bigger car but thanks for the suggestion.

:)))
Mine just got burnt down a month back. Titanium ecoboost , four years old.
Ford claims I used a non standard battery that's why fire started.
Non standard means not the one they sell :)
They have their own brand called motorcraft which went bad for me three times in three years.
So I installed amaron battery for the ecosport

Jeep - expensive

Nothing in Honda?

They have their own brand called motorcraft which went bad for me three times in three years.
Completely burnt?

Last edited:
Oh man..
This is for the first time I have heard anything like this for EcoSport.
Really sad to hear this.
What was the quantum of loss? Completely burnt?

Oh man..
This is for the first time I have heard anything like this for EcoSport.
Really sad to hear this.
What was the quantum of loss? Completely burnt?
A week later a friend's ecosport diesel burnt down too. Worldwide many cases of ecosport ecooboost burning down so nothing new

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back