Mi4k box vs fire stick 4k?

Nithin22

Was planning to but the mi4k box for my q60r tv . Main reason is for kodi app, chrome cast and to play 4k hdr content from my external hard disk. But read some reviews that 4k hdr contents are not being handled properly in mi4k box in either kodi and hard disk. Can someone suggest?

Yes even I know that shield is the best out there. I May get it when my friends abroad come here. They come atleast once or sometimes even twice a year. So in meantime I want to manage. Atleast does kodi works fine in mi4k box or fire stick? Firestick 4k is just 3500 in Amazon deal today. So if atleast kodi app works fine in streaming 4k hdr I can buy it and compromise on hard disk till i get shield.

I watched Greyhound in 4K HDR 10 bit( an 18 GB file) in my MI box 4k two weeks back. Playback was good and without stutters in Kodi. I watched Avatar 4k HDR 10 bit(a 22 GB file) before that via the box. No issues.
If you do fast forward or fast backward, then sometime the screen stops(maybe once in 10 attempts) and you need to press the forward or backward button once again to get going.
I have not experienced Shield Pro but going by the reviews and feedback, it's simply a lot better than MI box - probably the best within 30k. Even Zidoo is a good one. But, if someone is looking for an alternative which costs 8 times less due to price or availability factor of the Shield, MI box 4K is a decent one at 3.5k.

I watched Greyhound in 4K HDR 10 bit( an 18 GB file) in my MI box 4k two weeks back. Playback was good and without stutters in Kodi. I watched Avatar 4k HDR 10 bit(a 22 GB file) before that via the box. No issues.
If you do fast forward or fast backward, then sometime the screen stops(maybe once in 10 attempts) and you need to press the forward or backward button once again to get going.
I have not experienced Shield Pro but going by the reviews and feedback, it's simply a lot better than MI box - probably the best within 30k. Even Zidoo is a good one. But, if someone is looking for an alternative which costs 8 times less due to price or availability factor of the Shield, MI box 4K is a decent one at 3.5k.
Thanks for the info. Can you also confirm the audio quality?

Thanks for the info. Can you also confirm the audio quality?
I have set the audio in passthrough mode. I have connected it through the HDMI cable. The output is good although the box itself does not enhance the audio output by any means.
The opening minutes of Overlord sounded fantastic to my ears(not a pair of audiophile ears).

My bro has it . Got it from usa at 15k . And I have personally used it and seen it at my bro place. Trust me no device comes close to it and I would also recommend anyone eyes closed to buy it. Though its 15k its worth every penny. I will get it myself next year when my friend comes here from usa. Guess based on ur experience I guess I can go for the mi4 box for time being till I get shield ✌

Avatar is not released officially anywher in 4K

Not released. But there's a group called tekno3d and they did a great job with the available bluray source, remastered it to 4K HDR which is eye pleaser on its own.

If possible, do check their work

Well I bought the firestick 4k as there was good offer and thought I'll try them out and anyway if I don't like it thought I'll buy mi4k as its anyway 3500 anyday. Now Been 2 days firestick audio quality and video clarity is excellent thrice better than what I get from tv native app. But problem is I don't know how to explain as iam noob when it comes to home theatre and tv. But I could easily note the motion in the firestick is having trouble. Videos are jerky.Often u can see the chopping or stutter effect.It is not completely chopping it will be smooth and while running smooth it will be jerky as mentioned in regular intervals. Is it that firestick handling is bad in general or may be problematic in my unit? Also is mi4k better and will solve this? I do have a return window. Any help is appreciated.

Well I bought the firestick 4k as there was good offer and thought I'll try them out and anyway if I don't like it thought I'll buy mi4k as its anyway 3500 anyday. Now Been 2 days firestick audio quality and video clarity is excellent thrice better than what I get from tv native app. But problem is I don't know how to explain as iam noob when it comes to home theatre and tv. But I could easily note the motion in the firestick is having trouble. Videos are jerky.Often u can see the chopping or stutter effect.It is not completely chopping it will be smooth and while running smooth it will be jerky as mentioned in regular intervals. Is it that firestick handling is bad in general or may be problematic in my unit? Also is mi4k better and will solve this? I do have a return window. Any help is appreciated.
I have MI 4k and I haven't faced any such issues, no problem with motion handling.

I have MI 4k and I haven't faced any such issues, no problem with motion handling.
Thanks I got the mi 4k nd yes it doesn't have motion issues. But in hotstar when playing 4k hdr it is getting stuck in regular intervals. In prime it is not playing the 4k hdr content. The video's are washed out. Same with kodi. In kodi settings the resolution is just 1080p and not able to set it to 4k

Thanks I got the mi 4k nd yes it doesn't have motion issues. But in hotstar when playing 4k hdr it is getting stuck in regular intervals. In prime it is not playing the 4k hdr content. The video's are washed out. Same with kodi. In kodi settings the resolution is just 1080p and not able to set it to 4k
Well but could notice that jumping effect but far better than firestick and is manageable. Guess something wrong with my TV

Mibox 4k plays 4k hdr video smoothly in both hotstar and amazon prime. Please check internet bandwidth as otherwise nothing else can affect 4k playback. The kodi 1080 resolution is for GUI and not for the content it plays. Kodi will handle 4k content

Mibox 4k plays 4k hdr video smoothly in both hotstar and amazon prime. Please check internet bandwidth as otherwise nothing else can affect 4k playback. The kodi 1080 resolution is for GUI and not for the content it plays. Kodi will handle 4k content
There is no problem with the internet. My tv native prime app plays hdr well. Also in my brothers tv lg c9 kodi did show option of resolution of 4k. Even after getting redit account can't play the hdr in kodi. Anyway my router is old not a dualband . Me getting dualband router this week will try to set it up with 5ghz nd lets see if it solves. But my current internet is good 150 mbps and I easily get 60 mbps atleast in wifi.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back