mgdelhi

Hi friends,

I have following in my AVR setup:

1. Mi TV Q1 75"
2. Onkyo HT-S5300 (HT-R580 AVR and 7.1 speakers) I use only 5.1 setup
3. Nvidia Shield Pro 2019
4. Blu Ray Player 1080p (rarely used)
5. Fire TV Stick 4K

All of these are powered through an APC BX1100C-IN 1100VA UPS (earlier it was APC RS-1100VA UPS). I never had power related issues even with all equipment ON at the same time.

In addition, I have a Netgear NAS (with Bluray folders and other media) which is placed at another location and connected through wired Gigabit LAN to Nvidia Shield (other equipment does not have Gigabit LAN and wifi 5 Ghz works better than 100 mbps wired LAN)

My AVR is perfect for my requirements except it is not 4K.

I am more than happy with the audio when Nvidia Shield is connected to AVR directly and movies with HD audio are played on Kodi through NAS. But in this setup, I don’t get 4K.

If I connected Nvidia Shield to TV and take audio through ARC, of course I don’t get HD audio but even DTS and Dolby Digital is bad.

So, I have connected 4K fire tv stick to TV for 4K streaming and audio through ARC and Nvidia shield to AVR for my Bluray contents stored on NAS to get HD audio but I miss 4K on that.

Please suggest me a 4K AVR which can match specifications of the current AVR and speakers (slightly less output is also OK). I don’t want to spend much on AVR as of now. Dolby Vision & HDR 10 are also in the “good to have” list.

PS: I am getting a used Denon AVR-S930H which is a US model and needs 110v step down transformer. Is it a good idea to buy it keeping my 1100 VA UPS in mind? I will have to probably connected it without UPS.

Attachments

• ht-s5300_ex_leaflet1.jpg
    ht-s5300_ex_leaflet1.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 25
  • ht-s5300_ex_leaflet2.jpg
    ht-s5300_ex_leaflet2.jpg
    737.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I do have similar set-up:

1. Mi TV Q1 75"
2. Denon X2700H + 5.1.2 setup
3. Nvidia Shield Pro 2019
4. Fire TV Stick 4K
5. Canon Station CS100

And two APC BX1100C-IN to power them. One wasn't enough for above.

I have a NAS server with 10TB storage (based on nas4free) connected through gigabit Lan. Love the way Shield Pro has mounted the NAS server.

This entire thing is working seamless and super fine including Plex, CEC control, 4k, pass through audio, remote that controls AVR as well

My 2C suggestion, consider Denon X1600H or X2700H. At least something that gives proper CEC and 4K passthrough at min 60Hz.

What are you planning to do with FireStick 4k? For me I don't see any value for it now. Am I missing anything?

You can go with any basic 5.1 if you are not on to Atmos. Check if it has Wi-Fi for music streaming and control. Good Room correction.

suggestion: Don’t go for a very basic one as the quality will always be a comprise. Yamaha, Denon are most common brands.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back