Micro hifi : Marantz M-CR502

yeah thx! finally took the plunge and plonked hard earned money into my first newbie hifi setup... hope it stands up to the expectation..esp my wife as she was more keen on cr502 :)
still need to buy cables/ic and the media player.. too itcy to tryout.. alas! the shops here are closed for extended period due to chinese new year.. frustration!

Hoping to seek more guidance from experts like u as i setup the system and get it going..

Last edited:
Any experience with this all-in-one audio system from Marantz ? WHF seems to have glowing reviews on this one, but curious to hear opinions from someone who has actually used it ?
Admittedly it cannot be directly compared to a dedicated stereo setup containing int. amp + speakers, but just wondering since it is being made by Marantz, how does it sound ? Will it be too much of a compromise in comparison to a dedicated setup ?

Hello!!

I have this marantz, and it works fine!
Good construction, ergononomic, and ....very nice sound !
No problem at all until now :)
The receiving is little poor although (at least here in Greece- i beleive in another areas must be somekind better) but also great sound in FM in Strong Stations!
Lot of Inputs..2 pair speaker outputs and USB reproduction of music.
I am using a lot this input(usb) and 99% i receive very clear analytical and dynamic sound!
I am using it with a pair of good speakers , but unfortunately i have let the case of cables to ..luck! I beleive if someone (inluding me) is using good quality, sound dedicated speaker cables, will be receive even better sound (maybe sweeter, smoother)!

The power is very enough , the machine dodn't turn heated almost at all !!

I have in plans, to make better positioning of the speakers (i forgot to tell you that the feeling of space is ..excellent) & use a pair (or maybe bi amp) of good quality of cables, and i hope to have even better results!

I have heared a lot of systems (micro and dedicated stereo setup) and a lot of them (specially the 2nd_take in account and their prices) let me unsutisfied...!!!

The only reason i would change my system, is to go -on for a better one,
surely in higher range of money of course, if i could afford it and ONLY after hearing it...!

Thanks, i hope this helps a little!

Ioannis (john)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back