microphone you always had

if that works... its weird first... but amazing..

did u tried it mistakenly ??? eureka eureka...

thanks ... for the same..

Hey everyone...here is a little trick if you are looking for a microphone any only have headphones kicking around, the results all basically depend on the headphones you have...but I can tell you this does work.

1) Get your headphones/earbuds and plug them into your microphone jack on your soundcard

2) Go to "Start", "Control Panel", "Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices/ Sounds and Audio Devices", under the "Audio" tab, make sure that the sound recording setting is set to your sound card and for best results turn the volume of the sound recording up full or close to it; go to the "Voice" tab now and set the voice recording the same way.

3) Now your ready to hear your masterpiece, you can open sound recorder by going to "Start", "All Programs", "Accessories", "Entertainment" and then select sound recorder.

4) Hit the record button and record away

*You may have to put you mouth fairly close to them depending on what kind and brand of headphones they are.

It's because microphones are essentially speakers/headphones in reverse that this works...hopefully you get some good results and have many hours of joy as a result

just knew but tried on pc lately.....thanks for detailed settings,pananic earphones work well here

Acually, any reqular speakers can be used as microphone ( sensitivity is way way low and will vary).
This is one way to monitor/record/listen secretly. :eek:hyeah:

I have used my earphones many times to talk on skype after my mic had gone kapoot. Infact, I had also used the earphone as a mic during antakshari rounds on parties, using a Sony system. Only thing required is to keep it very close to the mouth.

Last edited:
Yep, its a transducer working in reverse. But some of these hps will give very feeble output when you try to record using it.

pana neodymium earphones [written!] work inf 1cm range ..if u have fiio put it ..it should improve.
a fun experiment ..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back