Military Tunes

gobble

Dunno how many folks like military tunes. As a Sea Cadet during my school years I have marched along many occasions with the band of the Indian Navy on Republic day and Independence day, besides the annual day of the Corps. Hence I am very fond of these "toons".

Here is a link you can listen to them online: Bharat-Rakshak - Indian Air Force Marches

Quiet enjoyable and foot tapping. Been listening to them this evening :clapping:

There is also an LP recorded after 1971 war
Cover-Front.jpg

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Galleries/Collectibles/LP-Album/

Please post other tunes you find from Military's across the world and listenable online here. :)

Cheers

Last edited:
further.. can anyopne point out to where i could download the anthem of the IMA guys.. this was recently on natgeo mission army and it goes like this - bharat mata teri kasam, teri raksha karenge hum..

i love this anthem..

thanks,

My father is a retired Army officer and the tunes on that website are very reminiscent of the brass bands I have heard in the 18 years I spent as an Army brat before Dad retired.

Thanks for this thread, G.

Ahaa..we have a BRFite here...you are Rahul M or rahulm?

Neither. I am Lurker on BRF since a few years. :lol:

That name belongs to a senior jurno, not me.

My father is a retired Army officer and the tunes on that website are very reminiscent of the brass bands I have heard in the 18 years I spent as an Army brat before Dad retired.

Good to know! KVs are a great place to grow up in :)

--G0bble

Love military bands! One of the 'must-do' items in my list is to watch the 'Beating Retreat' live. 'Abide With Me' by any band is usually good but the IAF rendition gives me the goosepimples every time they play it.

Hi,

I like the Colonel Bogey March tune , it used to be played for the VIP Luggage ads of the 80's.

N.Murali

Love military bands! One of the 'must-do' items in my list is to watch the 'Beating Retreat' live. 'Abide With Me' by any band is usually good but the IAF rendition gives me the goosepimples every time they play it.

I've watched the military Beat The Retreat when I was younger gruby. You should definitely not miss it.

I am in the Military, and most of the songs played in movies and on TV do not come even close to the 'real' military band music - just the bollywood perception of military music without much research!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back