Min cost to setup 5.1.2 (dolby atmos)

kambless

Dear all, request you to please help me about the minimum cost to setup 5.1.2 (dolby atmos) with AV receiver+speaker

My advice - if you want to have real atmos experience, you should invest on good ceiling and surround speakers.

Minimum is quite relative so it would help for FMs to offer more recommendations if you also mention your maximum budget and room dimensions. Room size plays a key factor in deciding appropriate AVR power and speaker output configurations that could alter the overall cost as well as quality of your HT experience. For example if your room is 10x12, you can opt for satellite speaker package instead of floor standing speakers when the budget could not be stretched.

I had a related question, will 5.2 be sufficient to really enjoy Atmos ? Or should one go up to 5.4 ? Another query I have is that all my favorite movies on Blu - ray don't have the audio in Atmos, then why am I / we investing a large amount up front for hardware.

I had a related question, will 5.2 be sufficient to really enjoy Atmos ? Or should one go up to 5.4 ? Another query I have is that all my favorite movies on Blu - ray don't have the audio in Atmos, then why am I / we investing a large amount up front for hardware.
Not all blurays used to come with atmos, but the scenario is changing now. You build an HT for future use, and atmos is the route you may want to invest, if possible

5.1.4 Setup is required if you have a multi row seating. If its a single row seating 5.1.2 should fulfill your experience :)
Atmos contents are expected to be available more in the coming days, so it will be mostly future proofing yourself. But I have heard people say the atmos experience is good only in dedicated media rooms. I dont have an atmos in my current setup so I think people using it can comment on the experience.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back