Mini home theatre-

ruffdaddyz

hi friends ,
i've just joined this forum,liked it very much..u guys r really helping each other out !thats why i joined right away !

im trying to set up a very modest home theatre myself...:licklips:
i've decided on tv- samsung 46 inch fullHD 550.its home theatre system that im undecided ,what abt samsung HT-TZ225 ?I wanted a tall boy/tower speakers,wireless(this brand is 'wireless-ready'). i want a brand that almost plays all the common video /audio formats available to us- xvid,divx,mp4,avi,wma.

1, this model plays divx,so does it mean it plays mp4?or can u suggest a HT system that plays DIVX,XVID,MP4

2 ,i mentioned that its wireless-ready,but requires SWA-3000/4000 wireless Kit(not included)where do i get it in INDIA?

3, i read in a website -how to watch BLU-RAY movies without a DEDICATED player on a full HD TV with a pc/laptop
For THAT requires using ur LCD as a computer screen requires a DVI- HDMI cable(i read it in this forum) is it available in INDIA/Kerala ?

Please i desperatly need ur suggestions

Thanks mnhegde for the welcome!
my budget for the home theatre cud go 20,000- 25,000....maybe 26,000 but that wud be squeezing really tight.i've already boooked the TV.

dude. spend some time on this forum and u will figure out that no one here talks about the samsung or lg home theatre setup..

also for lesser price than samsung and lg home theatre u can go get urself a onkyo for the starters. by the end of the day its ur wish u want it to look good with the plastic speakers or u want better sound.

dont take me as offensive or rude. but just trying to tell that as you are new.there is a world of opportunity inside..dive in it.. spend some time and they when u look at some one buying a samsung or lg u gonna give the same reaction... for budget home theatre in a box go for philips.

I would suggest that you get the TV as of now and spend some time going through this forum. Then, take a call on other equipment.

As for watching BDs from a computer, you'll need to route the signal through an AVR to get HD sound. So, does the Sammy unit you want have HDMI IN? DVI - HDMI converters are easily available. And, if you already have a comp with BD Drive, why do you want a Home Theater with integrated drive? Use the PC.

As Theironhorse stated, Onkyo's HTiB range is within your budget. Get one that suits you (and is kinda future proof = HDMI INs, HD Audio decoding) and build on that. A setup like this will be MILES ahead of any Sammy/LG/Sony HTib setup IMHO.

1, this model plays divx,so does it mean it plays mp4?or can u suggest a HT system that plays DIVX,XVID,MP4

2 ,i mentioned that its wireless-ready,but requires SWA-3000/4000 wireless Kit(not included)where do i get it in INDIA?

3, i read in a website -how to watch BLU-RAY movies without a DEDICATED player on a full HD TV with a pc/laptop
For THAT requires using ur LCD as a computer screen requires a DVI- HDMI cable(i read it in this forum) is it available in INDIA/Kerala ?

Please i desperatly need ur suggestions

AFA the HT goes as suggested by ironhorse and shuv, HTiB is the way to go preferably ONKYO (considering the buget).

I would shead some light on your other queries....

1. this model plays divx,so does it mean it plays mp4?or can u suggest a HT system that plays DIVX,XVID,MP4

Get a media Player instead, like WD Player or WD Mini, that would play all your formats with DD and DTS audio via ext HDD or pendrive, You can gat WD Mini for around 4-5K in India, if you order from 20North (lots of people here have done that) you can get it for around 3500.

Yes you can play BR using a PC through DVI-HDMI cable (easily available), but you got to have a PC with a decent GPU and ofcourse a BR drive.......are you ready to spend that much.
I would suggest to buy a media player that would easily play all HD rips. For BRs better wait save and go for a dedicated BR Player like Pana DB60/80.

Ruffdaddy,
I would second what sam9s has said.
Go for a WD TV if you have a computer already and access to hd rips etc.
Else try a stand alone DVD player and an HTIB like Onkyo 3200.
Before you decide on the samsung htib,check out ones from Onkyo, Sony, Philips etc
Cheers

AFA the HT goes as suggested by ironhorse and shuv, HTiB is the way to go preferably ONKYO (considering the buget).

I would shead some light on your other queries....

1. this model plays divx,so does it mean it plays mp4?or can u suggest a HT system that plays DIVX,XVID,MP4

Get a media Player instead, like WD Player or WD Mini, that would play all your formats with DD and DTS audio via ext HDD or pendrive, You can gat WD Mini for around 4-5K in India, if you order from 20North (lots of people here have done that) you can get it for around 3500.

Yes you can play BR using a PC through DVI-HDMI cable (easily available), but you got to have a PC with a decent GPU and ofcourse a BR drive.......are you ready to spend that much.
I would suggest to buy a media player that would easily play all HD rips. For BRs better wait save and go for a dedicated BR Player like Pana DB60/80.

i have a pc with a decent config,but no BRplayer,(im going to wait on that one)i read abt the seagate media player,wd player...those sound reasonable than those wires running all around ur tv ! thanx man !

im going to come all out..and ask some questions..they may be dumbbut xcuse me..im new here ..so have mercy !
if i go for the onkyo 3200,does it include a dvd player too ?with xvid,mp4 formats
(iam a movie buff..its all movies for me)or do i have to buy a wd media player for that?

i read this model has hdmi pass thru,whts tht (doent carry sound?)how can i compensate tht without quality loss

ruffdaddyz,
No, the Onkyo 3200 does not include a Dvd player. Its an amp/reciever with speakers package. You would have to buy a separate dvd player or media player.
Hdmi passthrough means it cannot decode audio coming through hdmi,it will just let it 'pass through' and switch between various hdmi inputs. In short, if you connect hdmi of dvdp,wdtv to 3200 it wont play audio through speakers. For that you will need a separate optical/coaxial cable or use analog out.
And please try to avoid sms language, it would help make posts easier to read.

hey ruff .. dont look for the initial cost ..that does not mean that i am asking u to spend a bomb..but what i m tryih to tell is u might get a lg /sam with dvd player inbuilt for 23-24k but u dont get the sound and upgradability also onkyo u get lot of options and oppurtunities ti connect multiple devices.... and u add extra 4 k u get a dvd player and then u are good to go with future proofing..

hey ruff .. dont look for the initial cost ..that does not mean that i am asking u to spend a bomb..but what i m tryih to tell is u might get a lg /sam with dvd player inbuilt for 23-24k but u dont get the sound and upgradability also onkyo u get lot of options and oppurtunities ti connect multiple devices.... and u add extra 4 k u get a dvd player and then u are good to go with future proofing..

thanx for your advise, this forum has seriously affected my appreciation of sound quality,in a good way ofcourse ,i have totally revamped my earlier choices.
im thinking abt going for onkyo TX-SR577 as its 7.1 plus tru HD,but i cant get a hold of its price.as for the speakers im still confused.
BTW im also buying an Xtreamer Pro,just gave the order .

onkyo TX-SR577 - price ?

Ruffdaddyz, Since you have decided on the 577( I assume you have auditioned it and comparable products from other brands) decide your speaker budget and whether you want to go for a full package for that budget right now, or build in steps and get better speakers over a longer period of time.
I am not sure of price in Cochin, might be pricey here. You may get in bigger cities for around 30k.

ruff help out thte max budget u can u can go ahead with and also room dimensions and usage as you are in game now and no loger with lg or samsung..

also u can go for a decent stereo setup for now and months on months u can slowly build ur 5.1 ...
7,1 is as as of now no use.. as most of movies are 5.1 however its the avr that breaks the sound to rear 2 extra speakers.. just like what prologic does...

also i just bought onkyo yesterday for my wuid be father in law .. and it was for 19k
nlyo 3100 b and attach a xtreamer with digital (co axial or optical) hdmi to tv and there u go...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back