Mission 33i Vs Polk TSi 300 Vs MS Avant 906i

cobaltcold

Hi,

i'm looking for floorstanders and have shortlisted to 3. I'm confused to choose among Mission33i vs MS 906i and Polk TSI 300. I would like to know how good Mission 33i among the 3 and what would be the best combination of AMP (Marantz????)

Where (in hyderabad) and What is the best price that I can pay for the above.

regards,
cobalt.

Hi,

i'm looking for floorstanders and have shortlisted to 3. I'm confused to choose among Mission33i vs MS 906i and Polk TSI 300. I would like to know how good Mission 33i among the 3 and what would be the best combination of AMP (Marantz????)

regards,
cobalt.

well i am also looking for M33 and 34i in hyderabad. looks like its available for 14K /18k at Vijay sale in Mumbai. i suppose mission is not available in hydbad. what about MS 906i and Polk TSI 300, are they available for audition in hyderabad. wharfedale 9.5 (28k) is available at vector systems, panjagutta, if u want to audition them.

Hi

Am also looking for similar setup; yet not finalised.

Polk prices are available in pro-fx website.

I will start auditioning floorstands after March 10( currently a bit busy with my current official assignment) .

Polk monitor 50 i have heard from USK babukhan mall, I felt it lacks bass.

it was 20k before discount.

One more floorstand is Q Accoustics 1030i

Compact Floorstanding Speaker- 1030i

The sound room is the dealer (source : what hi fi). Contact no given is
9908022333. I have not contacted them.

also seen query on Sherwood amp, it seems it has higher thd % than Norge.

Being new to city, am not familiar with most of the places.

Probably once I start auditioning, I will be.

The MS Avant 906i is the better balanced speaker among the three here, I feel. The Mission M33i is probably the best value for money though. The Avant does vocals and midrange much better than the other two speakers mentioned.

The new Tsi models of Polk - I have not auditioned. But Polks, except for their Lsi series, come across as slightly harsh speakers. I certainly did not like them for extended hearing sessions. I have auditioned the Monitor, the RT and the RTi series of speakers.

Hi,

regards,
cobalt.

Stirictly my opionon
The 906i is a clear winner in this list.That too by a good margin
However its also the most expensive

Hi

Am also looking for similar setup; yet not finalised.

Polk prices are available in pro-fx website.

I will start auditioning floorstands after March 10( currently a bit busy with my current official assignment) .

Polk monitor 50 i have heard from USK babukhan mall, I felt it lacks bass.

it was 20k before discount.

One more floorstand is Q Accoustics 1030i

Compact Floorstanding Speaker- 1030i

The sound room is the dealer (source : what hi fi). Contact no given is
9908022333. I have not contacted them.

also seen query on Sherwood amp, it seems it has higher thd % than Norge.

Being new to city, am not familiar with most of the places.

Probably once I start auditioning, I will be.

I auditioned the q accoustics 1030 yday and found it quite good. Got a quote of 27k for it. Is that reasonable?

I auditioned the q accoustics 1030 yday and found it quite good. Got a quote of 27k for it. Is that reasonable?

Am not sure about it; I thought it is an entry level floorstand and and would come within 20K. Dont have any idea about performance even.

Am not sure about it; I thought it is an entry level floorstand and and would come within 20K. Dont have any idea about performance even.

Just in, thanks. I have recently purchased an onkyo sr 506, and i am looking at a pair of entry level floor standers( I am looking at a step by step purchase).
Anybody here can comment on the mission m33(quoted @ 18k in cochin) relative to q accoustics 1030?

Just in, thanks. I have recently purchased an onkyo sr 506, and i am looking at a pair of entry level floor standers( I am looking at a step by step purchase).
Anybody here can comment on the mission m33(quoted @ 18k in cochin) relative to q accoustics 1030?
BUMP! Anyone who has auditioned the q acoustics 1030?

m33i is available for 13K in Mumbai. Please search this forum on m33i.

cheers

m33i is available for 13K in Mumbai. Please search this forum on m33i.
cheers
Yeah I saw it in the thread on m33i and m34i. Thank you.

Just in, I am waiting for the results of your speaker auditioning sessions. Please do check out the mission, ms906, q a 1030 etc and let me know your impressions. :cool:

For People @ Hyderabad,

Guys I have bit the bullet and am planning to go out for the audition of Audiocraft chennai for the next weekend. (4th or 5th)

If everything goes fine, Will purchase the flagship one and you can audition it at my home.. :)

The whole process can take close to a month though.. :indifferent14: I can write a review (newbie type) as soon as I return..

BTW, A member 'muthusami' who owns a pair of them seem to have auditioned MS906s from a friend and found the bass much lower. He has a set of 12" craftel floorstanders which costs just 7000/-

I enquired to Mr mark of audiocraft and he says that the flagships sound far better than the above ones and they are really the best ones he has designed. He mentions that his flagship speakers come with a super tweeter which is capable of producing upto 45 kHz.

He asks me to audition "whatever brands I can" before coming to his audition and that he is confident I will surely pick one of his products after the audition. They way he talks and the experience he seem to have tells me something about the quality. He sure does not seem to be a boom box producer.

Anybody who wants to join is welcome. :)

For People @ Hyderabad,

Guys I have bit the bullet and am planning to go out for the audition of Audiocraft chennai for the next weekend. (4th or 5th)

If everything goes fine, Will purchase the flagship one and you can audition it at my home.. :)

The whole process can take close to a month though.. :indifferent14: I can write a review (newbie type) as soon as I return..

BTW, A member 'muthusami' who owns a pair of them seem to have auditioned MS906s from a friend and found the bass much lower. He has a set of 12" craftel floorstanders which costs just 7000/-

I enquired to Mr mark of audiocraft and he says that the flagships sound far better than the above ones and they are really the best ones he has designed. He mentions that his flagship speakers come with a super tweeter which is capable of producing upto 45 kHz.

He asks me to audition "whatever brands I can" before coming to his audition and that he is confident I will surely pick one of his products after the audition. They way he talks and the experience he seem to have tells me something about the quality. He sure does not seem to be a boom box producer.

Anybody who wants to join is welcome. :)

good luck! which amp and player are you using? Do they have the same at Audiocraft or are you taking them with you?
Waiting eagerly for your review of the flagship spkrs from audiocraft.

good luck! which amp and player are you using? Do they have the same at Audiocraft or are you taking them with you?
Waiting eagerly for your review of the flagship spkrs from audiocraft.

Well as of now, I have only a normal DVD player and am planning to acquire an amp and floorstander set.

To give you an idea of how much of an 'audiophile' Iam, The other day I was not able to distinguish so much between norge 1000 and NAD 315BEE (with wharfdale floorstanders) which in audiophile terms are miles apart. Infact I found the norge more impressive. :D With the limited knowledge of this audition as reference, Iam going to compare with the audiocraft setup. (which is 1/4 of the price, so will give 'some' concession on quality of sound :) )

Having such bad 'audiophile' ears, I think I can as well go with the DVD player I have instead of upgrading to an audiophile CD player. :eek:

Audiocraft has both amp and speakers and is recommended for newbies by 'venkatcr', 'muthusamy' etc. Though I might go with norge amps instead, the speakers could be from audiocraft (craftel).

My native is tamil nadu and I'll be going around there anyways, so no issues auditioning. Also auditioning the speakers with norge is something which seems next to impossible until I buy one and carry it to chennai and carrying such huge weights from hyd to chn is not anyones piece of cake. :indifferent14:

So, By next month most probably I'll be the owner of norge 1000 and craftel flagships which you might want to audition. (I stay @ madhapur). Will upgrade if and when I find the need.

Hi

I am gk, my suggestion to you will be to listen Polk TSi 300 with your personnel audio CD. Looking at the build quality and frequency response this is a good speaker which was just launched. This new model is far superior then other two.

hifigk

Well as of now, I have only a normal DVD player and am planning to acquire an amp and floorstander set.

To give you an idea of how much of an 'audiophile' Iam, The other day I was not able to distinguish so much between norge 1000 and NAD 315BEE (with wharfdale floorstanders) which in audiophile terms are miles apart. Infact I found the norge more impressive. :D With the limited knowledge of this audition as reference, Iam going to compare with the audiocraft setup. (which is 1/4 of the price, so will give 'some' concession on quality of sound :) )

Having such bad 'audiophile' ears, I think I can as well go with the DVD player I have instead of upgrading to an audiophile CD player. :eek:

Audiocraft has both amp and speakers and is recommended for newbies by 'venkatcr', 'muthusamy' etc. Though I might go with norge amps instead, the speakers could be from audiocraft (craftel).

My native is tamil nadu and I'll be going around there anyways, so no issues auditioning. Also auditioning the speakers with norge is something which seems next to impossible until I buy one and carry it to chennai and carrying such huge weights from hyd to chn is not anyones piece of cake. :indifferent14:

So, By next month most probably I'll be the owner of norge 1000 and craftel flagships which you might want to audition. (I stay @ madhapur). Will upgrade if and when I find the need.

Good luck Blasto! As for not being able to percieve the difference and all that, I would not worry about it. Once you are exposed on a constant basis to better sound quality, you will start to discern the difference and yearn for something better. :)That has been my experience

Norge concert gold 1000, right? 10k?
As knowledged members like wilfred and venkat have said, you can build up your audio gear slowly. You can do with the dvd player till then:).

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back