Mission M34i with Yamaha RX-V363?

siva2886

Hi,

I have been reading this site from quite a long time.
Now I have decided to take a plunge into the home theatre scene.

My Requirements: (75% Music, 25% Movies)

1. A Basic AVR (will use for 5.1 later, but now only stereo). I dont care abt HDMI, will directly route them to the TV in the future.
2. A pair of floorstanders as of now, which can handle bass pretty well. I will use this set up occassionaly to test my compositions (My site Paadhai).
3. My budget is around 30-32k including speaker cables and stuff.
4. As of now, the source will be my computer (Analog stereo output). I have a professional sound card (basic one only), which I use for recording and stuff, Novation Nio 2|4.
5. I may upgrade it to 2.1 or 5.1 setup in the future, so skeptical about stereo amplifiers.

So, based on readings from this site and my constraints, I have considered Yamaha RX-V363 reciever and Mission M34i floorstanders.

I am based in Chennai.

Please confirm the prices and advice on the same, I have not started taking demos. I have 2 to 3 months to make this purchase. So have ample time to decide. But my budget is stricly 35k for a basic reciever and good floorstanders which can handle bass(tight, not boomy) pretty well.

PS: Sorry for such a long post:). And this is my first post i guess.

Last edited:
Welcome Siva...

BTW I saw your website. Do you have your own band? If so what kind of music do you play?

Coming to your preference, well the Yammy sucks for music. Any entry level AVR does so nothing special about the Yamaha either. The Missions are good though. Well however much its not the answer you want to hear, for music a stereo amp is recommended.

You can also consider powered speakers for the PC, lots of good studio monitors are there these days and for music on the PC they will be the best option. That way you will not need the stereo amp or the non-powered speakers.

Either that or go for a higher end AVR from Yamaha or Onkyo that will play music decent to good, but not excellent.

Welcome Siva...

BTW I saw your website. Do you have your own band? If so what kind of music do you play?

Coming to your preference, well the Yammy sucks for music. Any entry level AVR does so nothing special about the Yamaha either. The Missions are good though. Well however much its not the answer you want to hear, for music a stereo amp is recommended.

You can also consider powered speakers for the PC, lots of good studio monitors are there these days and for music on the PC they will be the best option. That way you will not need the stereo amp or the non-powered speakers.

Either that or go for a higher end AVR from Yamaha or Onkyo that will play music decent to good, but not excellent.

Thanks for your instant reply Moserw.

Ya., I have a band of mine. Its a kinda alternative / slowrock. You can check out the tracks in the tracks page. They have complete tracks.

Ok., advice taken about the entry level AVRs. Can you suggest some stereo amplifiers (Can I add a sub to it later, if so, how? does it have a sub pre-out like AVRs or is there an other way?) in the same price range? saying that the price of that amplifier + mission m34i should not exceed 35k including cables.

Ya., purchase of Active studio monitors (might be Alesis/M-Audio/Samson) are in store. They will be purely for monitoring.

For watching movies and testing my compositions, I need a secondary setup.
Which is what am talking about.

So, please suggest a good stereo amplifier in the same price range (Ya, I will demo many later, but need an expert's suggestion on what to demo).

Last edited:
Some budget options you can consider are...

Marantz PM5003
Marantz PM6002
Denon PMA-500AE
Denon PMA-700AE

These I've heard and they sound good. All are from 15K to 20K (if my memory serves me right, sorry I did not take notes). Cambridge Audio also has a couple of models in the entry level segment that are pretty good.

Norge is an Indian brand costing around 10K and quite popular on this forum.

I heard a NAD amp too that I don't remember the model number of, but it was certainly impressive.

Some budget options you can consider are...

Marantz PM5003
Marantz PM6002
Denon PMA-500AE
Denon PMA-700AE

These I've heard and they sound good. All are from 15K to 20K (if my memory serves me right, sorry I did not take notes). Cambridge Audio also has a couple of models in the entry level segment that are pretty good.

Norge is an Indian brand costing around 10K and quite popular on this forum.

I heard a NAD amp too that I don't remember the model number of, but it was certainly impressive.

Thanks, Will definitely demo the above said amplifiers.
Hope the prices in the same range. :)
Is that NAD C315BEE or C325BEE? Are they in the same price range?

Thanks, Will definitely demo the above said amplifiers.
Hope the prices in the same range. :)
Is that NAD C315BEE or C325BEE? Are they in the same price range?

I believe they were the C325BEE and C315BEE but C315BEE was not that impressive.

Hi Siva,
Welcome.:) In addition to the Amp + Speakers combo you can also consider the AudioEngine A5. It's got rave reviews worldwide for its overall performance.They are active speakers so no need to invest in a seperate Amp.Just plug it in your computer or dvd player and enjoy.
They also have subwoofer out so you can make it a 2.1 system easily.
checkout the link Audioengine - Upgrade your music
They should also be very good for general recording & mixing purpose.
Audition it but I don't know who deals with the A5 in chennai.

full9.jpg

A5NBack2.jpg

ALL THE BEST:thumbsup:

Samuel

Hi Siva,
Welcome.:) In addition to the Amp + Speakers combo you can also consider the AudioEngine A5. It's got rave reviews worldwide for its overall performance.They are active speakers so no need to invest in a seperate Amp.Just plug it in your computer or dvd player and enjoy.
They also have subwoofer out so you can make it a 2.1 system easily.
checkout the link Audioengine - Upgrade your music
They should also be very good for general recording & mixing purpose.
Audition it but I don't know who deals with the A5 in chennai.

full9.jpg

A5NBack2.jpg

ALL THE BEST:thumbsup:

Samuel

Will definitely take a look into that. Thanks :)

I had the unique opportunity of comparing Wharfedale 9.2 to Audioengine A5

And believe me Wharfs performed much better in every respect than A5. Especially bass.

One area where I found A5 performed good was in the 300-600 Hz lower mids.

I guess for nearfield applications (sitting at laptop/desktop), A5s are pretty good though.

The Audioengines were my first thought too, but the problem is they are powered speakers and will not be useful when planning an upgrade to a 5.1 setup. Non-powered speakers will come in handy when considering the upgrade path.

What do you think about these combos?

1. Marantz PM5003 and Mission M34i.
2. NAD C315BEE with Mission M34i.

Would they be good together? And, any idea abt the price?
Heard Marantz AVRs are a bit more musical than these yams, denons, onkyos.
Any idea if there are any Marantz entry level AVRs in the same price range?

PS: My total budget is limited to 35k for an amplifier/AVR + a pair of floorstanders.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back