Mitsun MIT 9000

prithivi

I saw this amp mitsun MIT 9000 in chennai new one for 7k
This has dts wrat and even optical and usb.
The model looked similar to rxv 361 yamaha

Has any one heared or seen the demo of this amp
Thanx regards
Prithivi

I saw this amp mitsun MIT 9000 in chennai new one for 7k. This has dts wrat and even optical and usb. The model looked similar to rxv 361 yamaha. Has any one heared or seen the demo of this amp Prithivi

Prithvi, generally there are two options in Audio equipment. One is a well know brand such as Yamaha, Onkyo, Marantz etc., which everybody knows. The second is amplifiers and receivers from a Indian company that have been around for some time. Indian companies fall into three brackets - extremely high end such as Cadence and Audire, mass market such as Pulz or Sonodyne, and local niche players who cater to a specific geographical area.

If you are looking for a budget amp, in Chennai I would suggest you go and audition two and multichannel amplifiers from Audiocraft. They make decent amps that are very reasonably priced. The owner - Mark - will also fine tune the amps to your needs and give you lifetime support.

Forget about the Mitsun and such. These are short time players who will be here today and gone tomorrow. It is not worth spending any money on such products. These people are taking advantage of supermarkets, and flooding the racks with products that have names that are close to well known brands. Many people get fooled, and buy them thinking they are the genuine item. In my opinion, these kinds of items will just make some noise, and die very quickly. For cost optimisation, they will use the most inexpensive of material which will have no life and of course very poor quality.

I apologise for my strong words, but I felt I must warn people who fall for such cheap marketing tricks. If you are serious about movies and music, and want a decent sound system, you must choose your brand and products carefully. there are brands and products available for all price brackets. A company, if it has to enter this market, must fall into one of these categories. Making audio and video equipment is not just having a soldering iron or apeing some design. You need knowledge and understanding, and a commitment that is there for all to see.

If there is new entrant of some repute, we will come to know about it quite easily.

All of us at HifiVision can use our combined knowledge, experience, and vision to help you in this regard. That is why this forum is there, is it not?

If somebody has heard about Mitsun and can provide some background on the company, its products, and reliability, then of course it falls into one of the brackets I mentioned above. Anyone?

Cheers

Seems to be a Korean company. Could not find anything except for questions on a couple of forums asking how good it is? Seems to be low end as the 5.1 seems to be available for 4K, but not sure if they are PC speakers or HT speakers. For PC they would be okay going by the price tag, but for HT they would really suck.

These speakers come from the same manufacturer of MEPL speakers. Earlier they were manufacturing under the name of MEPL(5-10 years back) and now they have hundreds of names for the same product - maybe tax issues.
For multimedia, they might be ok...cheap stuff....not advisable.

Hi,

This brand which is under scrutiny is from china :p! its being imported and marketed by a small firm situated in Radio Market !!

They have wide range of products on the offer,the range starts from a small Multimedia system that Moserw mentioned in his post till AVR (with all the bells and whistles ) :licklips:!

They even have 5.1Ch tower based solution ! Some of their products are manufactured by MicroLabs (china) :eek:hyeah: !

Now I don't how many of you have heard the Name (MircoLabs),but they are the biggest OEM company in China and their clients includes who's who of AV industry including Philips and others....

I have heard all their products and some of them are real value for money ! Their Sat/Sub combo will give any entry level HTS a run for their money ;)! Although some of their towers are ok for the money one pays, its nothing great beyond certain point !

The AVR again in question is a Yamaha Clone in terms of looks but inside its completely different ! It can be recommended for absolutely novoice and highly tight budgeted folks !

But Prithivi I suppose is not one of them (going by the Interactions On PM and Mail) !! so you can skip this one safely Prithivi ;)! Btw what happened to that Sony that you were suppose to buy ??

These speakers come from the same manufacturer of MEPL speakers. Earlier they were manufacturing under the name of MEPL(5-10 years back) and now they have hundreds of names for the same product - maybe tax issues.
For multimedia, they might be ok...cheap stuff....not advisable.

I think I've already given info on the origins of the brand ! All I can add to that is,The said MEPL (Mahtre Electronics Pvt Limited ) was a small time manufacturer of remote conversion kits for TV's,TV kits themselves and such to begin with ! later diversified into AV field but never got their act straight ! Also they never manufactured any Audio products ! it was all imported from china from Various OEM's ! Offcourse not to mention they never had nor have anything to do with Mitsun !

Regards.

Last edited:
I saw this amp mitsun MIT 9000 in chennai new one for 7k
This has dts wrat and even optical and usb.
The model looked similar to rxv 361 yamaha

Has any one heared or seen the demo of this amp
Thanx regards
Prithivi

I have seen this Brand -Mitsun speakers(5.1) in a Saloon near to My house .:lol:

I am on my way to setup a HT with branded components. I already have a 720p projector, dedicated HTPC, Source for CD/DVD an LG DVD player. I am yet to get AVR and speakers.

However for last 1 year I am using Mitsun MIT-8100 which I bought for Rs4.5K. I am very much satisfied with the performance. People who visited my place were amazed by the quality of sound. Even after getting all branded components, I intend to use this in my living room.

Hi, I'm from Hyderabad. Anybody have any ideas about where can I buy Mitsun 5.1ch with optical inputs in Hyderabad?
Appreciate a quick response,
Shiva

U could get MITSUN Products in Hyderabad from Rajendra Electronics, Opp. Hotel Sitara, Koti, Phone No.66837772, 24607772. Proprietor K. Ashok 9849039940.

I've recently purchased MITSUN MIT 7000 for about Rs.3500 from him to connect my old car speakers, added one 12" subwoofer and voila sounds awsome.

I like to express my issue through this forum, some one pls help me.......i bought a MIT 9000 from a dealer in richie street chennai, and bought 5 customised speakers , one MITSUN sub woofer, this month( oct 2011 )while fixing the amp i find a noise in the amp especially on the left and right speakers only.

The dealer told to bring the amp ,they checked and could not identified the issue, instructed me to check the power and try with some other speakers.

I did the followings:
1. Tested with bose speakers....issue not resolved.
2. Tested with separate earth for that electrical point .....issue notresolved
3. Tested with isolation transformer to filter the power expecting power line noise .....issue not resolved.
4. Tested at the neighbour home ......issue not resolved.

Again called the dealer and took the amp to the MITSUN service centre.....one good person checked and confirmed the noise is there in all this brand's amps.

I am completly disappointed, spent 6500 + 2500+ 3000= 12,000/- and not switching on the amp .... Complete waste of money. My dream of enjoying the 5.1 dolby ended up with hearing an irritating noise from the system.

If any experts here can guide me to arrest this irritating noise...

I also like to alert people google net to buy these type of products..... Please go for good brands.

Our gymn had one of these Mitsun amps. Looked great, all shiny bling bling with aluminium finish and blue LED and stuff. Sound was ok and for 7K i doubt it would have done better. I would recommend it if you are not a audiophile and want to show your friends and relatives that you have a hi-end amp.

The amp died in a couple of months.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back