Mixer grinder suggestions solicited

GeorgeO

Folks

Can anyone make a recommendation for a good mixer grinder? At this point Preethi 750 watts is the sole candidate based on a recommendation, cost ranges from around 3500-4200 depending on the model. Any others? I'm looking for good trouble free operation with decent ASS.

Thanks in advance.

George, I would recommend Panasonic. The design is very good and ASS OK. I moved to this about 10 years ago and have not regretted it. It is 550 watts I think...

Thanks Vivek.

Ghatgepatil: Sumit was standard stuff when I was a kid too! Like Ambassador and Premier Padmini it has long passed it's use by date, IMHO, their QC is very poor.

I understand Oster is another good brand, will research it. I have a German Braun mixie as a back up for occasional use, but need something rugged and easy to maintain that can be used by the maid. Both Oster and Preethi are around 3.5K for 750w models.

I would suggest Sujata ....again pretty robust and powerful n comes with a 800 watt motor and is mainly used commercially but obviously can be used for home as well.
Atleast in Delhi/NCR its pretty famous n used by most commercial establishments .

I was about to suggest Sujatha as well but did not since I do not know whether it is available in Bangalore and about the after sale service.

But as Sanchits said above it is a beast of a machine. Costs around Rs 4000. Our Business is of hotel equipments and commercial supplies. It is used everywhere commercially with neglegible complaints.

Thanks guys, it is available on Flipkart I think. I will do some more research. 800w is powerful..

Go for it ...and u can get all the spares easily at RDsons | Home Appliances Crockery | Wholesalers | Distributors | Corporate & Diwali Gift Supplier Delhi India , its in delhi. The good thing about this is, if anything does goes wrong post warranty n any part gets damaged u can order from these guys n get it changed locally via any electrician. Essentially with sujata mixers u dont need a service center.
Few spares at also provided in the package itself...which is pretty darn good.
If ur in delhi/NCR these guys home delivery it by hand as well. I recently ordered two jars for my sujata mixer n it was delivered to the nearest metro station the next day by hand.

Sujata is the most rugged mixer grinder. I had a Panasonic earlier. Broke down frequently. But Sujata is going strong. Due to intense competition in market, all brands have made the parts lighter for cost cutting. But Sujata is catering to the limited market of rugged mixers.

It probably is, but my wife felt it was a bit too big for domestic use, and more commercial looking and the difference between 750 and 800w wasn't much. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go with her and influence the decision-much as I would have liked to :sad:

It probably is, but my wife felt it was a bit too big for domestic use, and more commercial looking and the difference between 750 and 800w wasn't much. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go with her and influence the decision-much as I would have liked to :sad:

Yes, looks may not be the best but utility wise it is the better one. The other brands are definitely cheapening out on parts and hence come for repair very soon, not later than 1-2 years.

Back