Mobile Exchange Fraud by Samsung on Galaxy Note-2

jimmy_tulip

I ordered Samsung Galaxy Note-2 from Samsung EStore on 17-June-2013. This was purchased under the exchange scheme of Rs.10000 flat discount in exchange of Old Smart Phone.
Samsung Galaxy Note II now available with Rs. 10,000 cash back in exchange for select smartphones | NDTV Gadgets

The Rs.5000 discount was instant and remaining Rs.5000 was after receiving the old phone.

I sent my old phone (BlackBerry Storm) to the given address "SAVEX Computers" via BlueDart. This was received by them 28-June-2013.

This is the day when my ordeal started. After not receiving any update for 2 weeks, I raised questions to Samsung customer Care. There was no response.
Then I noticed an option to "Email to CEO's Office". And this is the funny(?) part. Since then roughly, every 2 weeks, I am sending a reminder to CEO office regarding my complaint. Every time a new representative answers my question who does not have any history of what has happened till date and every time the response is standard. "Your compliant is forwarded to the respective department".

The response does not have a sender ID and only way to communicate back to CEO office is via using the same link "Email to CEO's Office".

I was under the belief that escalating to the CEO office will result in quick action. However it turns that the emails are routed to normal customer care representatives.!!!!!!

This was my first Samsung product and will definitely be my last one.

Its been more than 3 months and I am still chasing these guys for my Rs. 5000 Refund.

My sincere advice : Be careful while buying Samsung products (Read as DONT BUY). Once they have sold you the product, you are on your own.

Back