Mobile Locator

pragyapriya

Hi!
I am utterly confused.I want to buy a mobile handset that should have all the general features.Along-with that I need tracker that can be used to locate my relatives whenever I need or they needed.I have heard about the GPS technology.Please suggest!!!!!:confused:

i am utterly confused on what made you post this question in this forum

Why not? Look around you and you will see posts for A/C's, travel plans, vacations, driving distances etc. And about phones too. :lol:

Isnt this thread better suited for "general chit chat " section. I thought this particular 1 was to discuss about A/V equipments only!

Why would you want to locate your relatives with your phone? By the way, Google latitude would let you do that?

Hi!
I am utterly confused.I want to buy a mobile handset that should have all the general features.Along-with that I need tracker that can be used to locate my relatives whenever I need or they needed.I have heard about the GPS technology.Please suggest!!!!!:confused:

GPS or Global Positioning System is a technology that will tell you exactly where you are (latitude and longitude). It is able to do this because there is a chip in your GPS device or GPS enabled phone that is able to get your current location from a network of orbiting US satellites. It is usually integrated with a mapping software service so that you can see where you are in a map. Good GPS services will also give you driving directions if you enter your destination.

Considering that Indian roads generally have very few sign-posts and navigation is usually done by asking a chai-wallah or a pedestrian or an auto driver, GPS is actually incredibly useful, especially for people who travel a lot. A dedicated GPS device is the best way to go. mapmyindia is highly regarded and has good pre-loaded maps.

However, GPS will not tell you where your relatives are.

Perhaps, what you are looking for is this:
Airtel Friend Locator: Stay Closer to Your Friends

An alternative to GPS is a location based service offered by telecom companies that detect your cellphone location by triangulation (comparing your signal strength with three cellphone towers and using this to calculate your approximate position).

Last edited:
Thanks!
I have got many useful informations about the GPS technology. Now, I think it can be the decision taking point. :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back