Modified Apple IPod Video 5.5g 512gb storage & a 3000 mah battery

johnwick94

Upgraded with Iflash Quad and 4x 128gb cards and a 3000 mah battery

Even though batteries are printed 3000 mah the actual capacity is around 1800 to 1900 mah giving me about 50 hours continuous playback on ALAC.
Considering the stock battery life of about 20 hours this is a worthy upgrade.

Will do a USB- C mod and Capacitor Mod on these soon.

Many of the users asks me why not bluetooth mod. For me bluetooth is all about convenience rather than of quality.

My instagram page
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-20 at 12.33.42 PM.jpeg

Great job. I also bought their dual SD card adapter in 5-6 years ago but could never install it in ipod.
You post might just encourage me to do it this year.

BTW did you consider installing Rockbox?

Wonderful job... even I’m looking to revive mine.
care to share the links where you got the adaptor and battery please?

I might go with a m2 drive for it..
BTW, is that a 30gb or a 60gb..

Wonderful job... even I’m looking to revive mine.
care to share the links where you got the adaptor and battery please?

I might go with a m2 drive for it..
BTW, is that a 30gb or a 60gb..
Don't go for m sata unless it's a 1 TB/2 TB Mod. It's cheaper considering the price of sd cards. However it takes a toll on battery life.
It's a 80gb 5.5g Ipod
you can get it from iflash.xyz
Batteries from states. I have one lying around u can PM if you need it.

Sure.
Wow good job. Can you mod my iPod 30gb bought back in 2007/8 ?
Definitely. Do Drop in a PM.

Great job. I also bought their dual SD card adapter in 5-6 years ago but could never install it in ipod.
You post might just encourage me to do it this year.

BTW did you consider installing Rockbox?
Dual is quite good. Back then SD cards was a thing and Micro sd cards was costlier back then. I run rockbox setup on few of my IPods. I don't suggest Rockbox to people unless they are cool with tinkering with it. There are ton of features in that software that makes ipod an amazing player. But rockbox and iflash may not work well. When i was transferring huge amount of data at a time. The data transfer froze up after a while. Found out that for transferring huge amount of files at time we need to boot into apple firmware, which gives stable connection. but it's no big deal since it's dual boot software. The stable releases these days are quite bug free. Didn't run into any hiccups for a while.

Last edited:
Don't go for m sata unless it's a 1 TB/2 TB Mod. It's cheaper considering the price of sd cards. However it takes a toll on battery life.
It's a 80gb 5.5g Ipod
you can get it from iflash.xyz
Batteries from states. I have one lying around u can PM if you need it.
Thanks for the reply.
I already have a M2 adaptor to go with it.. But my HDD has not died yet.
Will check SD card option when it finally dies.
BTW, I'm having a 30gb Model, thus the battery wont fit. Thanks for the offer though.

Thanks for the reply.
I already have a M2 adaptor to go with it.. But my HDD has not died yet.
Will check SD card option when it finally dies.
BTW, I'm having a 30gb Model, thus the battery wont fit. Thanks for the offer though.
It's just a mere suggestion keep the storage at max 128gb or even 256 gbs since 30gb model has only 32gb RAM

Dual is quite good. Back then SD cards was a thing and Micro sd cards was costlier back then. I run rockbox setup on few of my IPods. I don't suggest Rockbox to people unless they are cool with tinkering with it. There are ton of features in that software that makes ipod an amazing player. But rockbox and iflash may not work well. When i was transferring huge amount of data at a time. The data transfer froze up after a while. Found out that for transferring huge amount of files at time we need to boot into apple firmware, which gives stable connection. but it's no big deal since it's dual boot software. The stable releases these days are quite bug free. Didn't run into any hiccups for a while.
Absolutely right about SD cards. In fact, I thought buying mSD would be a waste of money but now tables have turned. I can't find SD cards especially higher capacity ones.

I liked Rockbox because I always hated iTunes and transferring music via iTunes, and with Rockbox iPod was always plug and play sort of thing.

Look for Ipod back cover with higher capacity battery on eBay.

Last edited:
Absolutely right about SD cards. In fact, I thought buying mSD would be a waste of money but now tables have turned. I can't find SD cards especially higher capacity ones.

I liked Rockbox because I always hated iTunes and transferring music via iTunes, and with Rockbox iPod was always plug and play sort of thing.

Look for Ipod back cover with higher capacity battery on eBay.
Not just back cover you will need the thicker headphone jack too. Bottom bezel is pretty much same for both.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back