Mogami Cables

@reignofchaos + square_wave: so the "which speaker cable" question seems to have been addressed from systems worth 25k to about ~200k.

Awaiting the bricks and the bats.. :D

Hi
Actually Oyaide is probably the most respected manufacturer power cables/accessories. Apart from Mogami, Belden and Supra makes some great DIY stuff too. If you really want the ultimate in Japanese high end cables (or pretty much any high end cable) you will have to go to Acrolink. These are built with only high end performance in mind and ofcourse are priced that way too. We have used one for a high end project a while back.

On the RCAs, I dont have spare WBTs around, I do have some higher end Cardas RCAs and Eichammann though but they dont come at the $18 level :D For the females, the Vampires are better for the money, for the males, WBT, futuretech, cardas will all work. If you want the best go with Eichmann bullets. I will be getting Audio Art RCAs shortly, which are OEMs made by the same shop that makes one of the above (cant say which :D ) which are great value at roughly $10 or $11 each.

Reignofchaos, I think you heard the Mogami speaker wire right ? or was it only the IC that you heard?

cheers

Hi Sridhar,
Do let me know when the Audio art RCA's arrive. Need to talk to you about the Banana's also. Will call you.
Cheers.:)

@reignofchaos + square_wave: so the "which speaker cable" question seems to have been addressed from systems worth 25k to about ~200k.

Awaiting the bricks and the bats.. :D

Hi Saikat,
These mogami have been checked by some really experienced audiophiles including in one of the most revealing systems in Bangalore. It is a blind buy:) Go for it. Terminate it with some good quality connectors. Perhaps Sridar can help.

Well, lets get all of them... :D

@odyssey: Which one in Cardas would you recommend?

I think its called GMRO or GRMO (they used to come in extra length or short length - go for the shorter one)
Cardas ones are harder to solder - need higher temperature. You should also get good solder

cheers

is Mogami w3103 equal to Audience Matsreo speaker cable? Sq Wave has mentioned that Audience used Mogami cables. One of my friend is looking for speaker cables. Any one selling their Audience IC & Spk cable?

Tnks

is Mogami w3103 equal to Audience Matsreo speaker cable? Sq Wave has mentioned that Audience used Mogami cables. One of my friend is looking for speaker cables. Any one selling their Audience IC & Spk cable?

Tnks

Be aware that Audience Maestro costs a bomb. So depending upon what your friend's equipment is, budget accordingly. Mogami at 400 bucks a meter is decent value. However I recently happened to audition Hitachi(rebadged as TDK) reference cable (Odyssey is shortly getting it in stock). These probably sound better than Mogami. I shall post detailed review of this once I receive my cable.

Anyone tried the dh labs connectors here:
DH Labs Silversonic - Price List

They seem to be reasonably priced. The RCA and bananas and spades.

How are these DH labs cables ? Their cables in bulk seem to be quite reasonable.

Chaos, looking forward to your impressions on the TDK cable..:)

Last edited:
Anyone tried the dh labs connectors here:
DH Labs Silversonic - Price List

They seem to be reasonably priced. The RCA and bananas and spades.

How are these DH labs cables ? Their cables in bulk seem to be quite reasonable.

Chaos, looking forward to your impressions on the TDK cable..:)

I have :) THe audio Art's RCAs are also made by DH Labs. They are nice but not as good as the WBTs or Eichmanns or the Bananas that Klaus uses on the Groneberg. Dont know about the spades since I dont use them
But in fairness if the WBTs are used instead of these RCAs, the price will double :eek:

cheers

saikat n all,

kaushik is back here ...getting less time to surf..!

why search everywhere..go SP road...bangalore

1 PA systems n connector dealer is there
RCA rates:(approx per piece)

Neutrik china=110Rs
Neutrik USA=170Rs

both are originals only mfg place different

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back