Moksha, the moment of a great enlightenment in our audio life.

T

tiger0691

Liberation is the highest goal of human life through which everything is accomplished. This liberation (also called nirvana, kaivalya, mukti, moksha, etc) can be brought about only through Self knowledge.

? the photo and definition are from http://www.shraddhananda.com?

In the journey of audio life, we can experience a kind of Moksha, the moment of a great enlightenment. One day we may go through a certain special moment which we have never known before. It brings us into the new world. Everyone has his own standard for the Moksha. And there would be levels for those who has deep experience. However I am a toddler in this area. Let me show my case and I would like to ask your experience. When was it for you and what .................

When I was in 7th class, my friend brought a very small electronic circuit which made bird singing sound. I paid big(?) money from my pocket and took it home. After that time onward, my audio journey began. With soldering iron and multimeter, I made ambulance siren. Next target was an amplifier but white noise was terrible............. For last 30 years, audio was one of my hobby that speakers, amplifiers and soldering iron are always with me. Bose 101, 301 speakers and 1705 amplifier came to me to please my ears. By chance, I got a DIY monitor speakers made my friend which looks so poor but it gives me very good sound. the combination PCM 1794 Dac, bose 1705 amp and the poor DIY speakers made noiseless crystal musical sound which allowed me to concentrate on listening music. One day I was listening a music leaning on a sofa, speakers were disappeared. It seemed that the voice of a singer came out of amplifiers and I could see her mouth as if she was standing in front of me. It was new and shocking experience for me though it might nothing for you. 5.1 channels sound card in pc and Yamaha Receiver, subwoofer were sold out, after I listened a HI-FI sound. It was the moment of Moksha in my audio life. Yes that very incident brought me into HI-FI sound and I became a member of HIFIvision(?). As a toddler, changing power cable and inter cable gives me lot of pleasure these days. I wish to go further and deeper into the sea of hifi audio.

Now I would like to ask the Moksha (the moment of a great enlightenment) in your audio life.

Attachments

• liberation.jpg
    liberation.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited by a moderator:
I thought one of the first steps for self realization (self knowledge) is to give up desires of all senses. That makes audiophiles (desire to have more and more equipment) and moksha two different paths. No?

Back