Monitor Audio M6 with Pioneer receiver. Suggestions needed.

siva283

Hi All,

I have a pioneer vsx 1123 receiver and JBL ES30BK for rear. Looking for suitable floor standers, Center and Sub.

My preference is 50:50 Music:Movies. Would need neutral, less fatigue speakers with good life. My room size is 16X17 ft. My budget is 90k for Front left and right, Center and Sub.

I was initially looking for Boston Acoustics A360 speakers. I auditioned A250 speakers around a year back. I liked the tonal quality of the speakers very much.

Also had a chance to audition Monitor Audio M6 speakers with Pioneer VS 821 recently. Though I liked it, I am not able to judge. I would like to buy the best VFM speakers for my budget. Has anyone owned or heard MA M6 speakers.

1. Are these good quality speakers in comparison with Boston A360? There are not many reviews that I could find on the internet.

2. Are the centers and Sub of Monitor Audio good?

2. What is the best price for these speakers?

Please give your valuable suggestions.

PS: I have initially started a thread in the receiver section. Reposting here as it would be appropriate to get feedback on Speakers.

Last edited:
I have been using Monitor Audio M 2, M 4 and M center for more than a year. These are fantastic VFM. Also imho they do not bring any bias of their own. If you generally read about Monitor audio speakers they are known to be clinical in their approach. I am using them in a Marantz set up. Boston speakers in comparison seem a bit laid back ( again to my ears). However note that the M series is out of production now. A year back the M4 pair cost me 25 k.

I have been using Monitor Audio M 2, M 4 and M center for more than a year. These are fantastic VFM. Also imho they do not bring any bias of their own. If you generally read about Monitor audio speakers they are known to be clinical in their approach. I am using them in a Marantz set up. Boston speakers in comparison seem a bit laid back ( again to my ears). However note that the M series is out of production now. A year back the M4 pair cost me 25 k.

Thanks, Amarendra!

I auditioned both M4 and M6. I liked M6. The dealer quoted 95k for M6 + Center + Sub (not sure of center and Sub models). I could not see prices for MA anywher online. Is this good price?

My preference is 50:50 Music:Movies. Would need neutral, less fatigue speakers with good life. My room size is 16X17 ft. My budget is 90k for Front left and right, Center and Sub.

I was initially looking for Boston Acoustics A360 speakers. I auditioned A250 speakers around a year back. I liked the tonal quality of the speakers very much

If you liked the Boston Acoustics and felt Monitor Audio M6 is slightly bright, then BA makes a better choice....

You have a good room dimensions & have 50:50 movie music pattern...Here is my suggestion.. Up-to you to consider..

Currently there is an offer on BA 26 Bookshelf speaker (2.0) for around 14K, also there is an HT package (5.1) from BA 2310 i guezz for around 40K... Both aval in hifimart.com...The reason i suggested both the speakers is because you can have a 7.1 system and a good BS for stereo listening...

You can listen to stereo with (or) without sub... Itz a personal choice...

Lemme know your thoughts....

I am looking to buy locally so that I dont have any installation and servicing issues.

Whether you buy online (or) from dealer, the warranty will be standard of 1 yr for 99% of the products... With speakers, hardly there would be any issues.....

Monitor audio mass speaker set is both cheaper and better. Do not go by the size.
Get the monitor audio mass and discard the m series.

Get the demo and decide.

Goes well with marantz.

Thanks everyone!

Looks like Boston acoustics A225C is not available anywhere.. so will not be able to get BA.

could you guys suggest some alternatives? budget 90k for Floor standers, center and sub..

i am looking for speakers that are less fatigue to the ears and with good sound quality..

Are MA BX5 speakers available in India? I see some good reviews for these speakers in whathifi..

Will these fall in my budget?

Thanks everyone for the help!

I have finally ordered Monitor Audio MR6 and the Center.:yahoo: I did audition RTI A5, JAMO 626, ELAC, Q Acoustics 2050I. But decided to go with MA. Hope the setup sounds good. Cant wait to get it connected and running!

It has been a dream come true for me to have a good HT setup. Thanks a lot for this forum and always kept me inspiring to get one. I have been a silent reader. Thanks for all the active members.

The only confusion still remaining is a Subwoofer. I can afford 40 to 45k max. On reading online reviews SVS PB1000 and Velodyne EQMAX 10 seems to be the options available. Could you guys let me know whether these subs have a good life and also how about the service in India? I would want it to work atleast for the next 5 or 6 years without any issues. I cannot get a demo for these subs in Coimbatore.:sad: Your suggestions please?

Last edited:
Hi,
As u r in coimbatore the Moniter audio distributor AUDIO PEOPLE is in proper chennai you can contact them and get a good price on Mr series of Moniter Audio which is the improved version of M Series so good luck.

Regards

Homi.

I am getting through Audio People only. They have a dealer here in Coimbatore. I have ordered MR6 for my fronts. Should be getting in a week or 2. Fingers crossed!:)

Ur suggestions on Sub?

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back