mood of music

firearm12

Here goes the story.... One fine evening in peace, I started listening to one fine song. I could hear all kinds of nuances with singer singing in front of me, a big sound stage, tight bass, perfect image, i say to myself everything sounds so sublime and close my eyes... Next day same time same setup same song and it sounds everything out of place, instruments muddled, bass unfriendly, singer out of way, it sounds just above crap.....

Does this happen to others also or am i the (un)lucky one. Some times i think brain decides what i hear rather than ears

I never felt same but all most same, same song one day playing very good,some other day very worst ...

I feel we are listening music to get peace of mind and relax , again listen depending on mind :)

I had a different kind of experience back in the day. While listening to cassettes, one day everything sounded perfect, the next day, I would feel that the wow and flutter is audible while my friends would say I'm crazy :)

that is normal. It is all illusion. We have only one processor that is brain and when several things are going inside, it turns noisy and these noises are added to the music you listen to.

I have a different experience actually, I always find the music changes my mood. If I'm listening to happy music then that is exactly what I am and then again there is angry, grunge music too.

Music is a mood elevator, and then some more.

Hi

Let me share my how I enjoy music. What you said happens to me many times when I am preoccupied. Hence I make it a point to listen to music on very relaxed hours - early in morning 5 am or very late at night 12 am when my days work is done and I can put aside my stress.

Among few of the most soothing things in life is good music. It's like a glass of good wine. Smell it's aroma, feel it's warmth, and sip it slowly and enjoy of every drop of it - you need a relaxed mind and solitude to enjoy music to fullest.... Just my opinion though.

Late night when the world sleeps in silence, with lamp on under a shade at the corner of my room, I close my eyes and listen to Pathanay Khan "mera ishq vi toon" .... I float in waves of music or can visualize the strokes of brushes of an artist of so many hues on a canvas of imagination ... No exaggerations ... Believe me... And try it.

The effect is so very permanent that I can not listen to other genres of music for days.

Actually music grows on me. I generally do not like the first time I listen to a song. But in few days I get pulled to it, and listen again... And again ... And again ... Till it completely engulfs me. I think this is called addiction. I keep humming it's notes throughout the day.

Unless I are completely alone with the music, i can not get the nectar from it. Hence I avoid going to public performances.

Every person has different ways to enjoy their obsessions, and this is how I enjoy it :)

Thanks
Auro

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

You choose the genre of music that the brain would like to hear.
You will be all pumped up and dancing in a party for a fast number, but the same song will sound so annoying on a different day or time. Its the mood.
The solution is that, give the right genre of music or movie to the brain that will accept it and more importantly that will enjoy it.

Yes!! this is a common phenomenon. It was never so common when i used to have ordinary speakers and listened to the songs in background and could hum along.. sometimes we get too much carried away by the "sound" of things and not the music. Don't you think we weigh our system too much than the song and sometimes to get that experience failto enjoy the simplicity of a tune!!!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back