Movies that have been censored/shortened

jsmithe

Not sure if this has been posted here before.

I found this list for UK releases Dvds that have been ... - Collection | LOVEFiLM

Any more resources for various other regions, please add to the thread.

I prefer to buy versions that are the closest to if not, the actual release of what the director intended for us to see and resources like this help. I am a grown up and hate having to read, hear, watch something in the privacy of my home, that has been chopped up and mangled to suit some arbitrary authority's usually dated perceptions.

There have been lot of movies, which were cut from their original versions for the theatrical release due to multiple reasons...such as being it very long movies (more than 3 hours), having contents prohibited in the state/countries, having explicit X rated contents which Director removed, so that the film can get certificates for general viewing etc.
On few occasions, films were cut due to the pressure of producers/studios, as they didn't like the director's original uncut versions.

The best examples of 2 such movies are:
- Once Upon a Time in America
- Watchmen

Most notable of all IMO is Lord of the rings Extended Edition which has almost 30 min to an hour added in each of the movies adding a whole lot more detail to the movies.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back