Moving away from Videocon D2H - please suggest

yusuf

I am currently having Videocon D2H - it's decent but I really can't stand the remote and being RF, I can't use various universal remotes I have (logitech/sony).

Hence I plan to move to some other provider having normal remote and at the same time, good packages, HD picture quality at good price.

Can you please suggest.

Thanks

I am currently having Videocon D2H - it's decent but I really can't stand the remote and being RF, I can't use various universal remotes I have (logitech/sony).

Hence I plan to move to some other provider having normal remote and at the same time, good packages, HD picture quality at good price.

Can you please suggest.

Thanks

you can trust Tata sky....it best in audio and picture quality..I have used both and found hardly any difference in quality.

I am on the side of the pond : have TS and have been happy with them EXCEPT for their speed in adding of HD/new channels vis-a-vis D2H / Dish etc.

Today, I read a notice in the TOI that ALL the SONY bouqet of channels are being discontinued by TS in 3 weeks..... I have already burnt my hands with a shift to D2H and back to TS last year....now am wondering if it is really time to move again.

i think d2h has more hd channels than ts..quality wise too i didnt find any difference..i know rf remote is an annoyance ..if you really want the best though i feel its airtel,but it will hav much less hd channels

Can you please suggest.

Thanks

This is the specific reason that I have not upgraded my main STB (black) to the new white color one which comes with RF remote. I have a logitech universal remote which is configured to all my systems in the living room. But my additional connection STB (white box) I have the RF remote. I would say you can check with a local dealer to get a used black color box. Many users would have upgraded hence chances of getting are more I believe. Try this option if not move to some other providers.

Can you please suggest.

Thanks

Videocon made a bad move by opting RF. Don't know what prompted them so but no AV enthusiast will buy a RF box. Remote is a convenience. It doesn't add to PQ/AQ. So what made D2h think-tank call for such a disaster! :mad:

PQ:Many were claiming that D2h is on par with TS but its SD picture quality is only after BIGTV, ADTV & TS (in same order).

REMOTE:ADTV remote is the best. TS also offers universal remote but u got to always click that "univer" button on remote which is a nuisance. Also bulk of remote is important not only for convenience but also to fit in to "remote stand" slots. D2h remote doesn't fit in stand or hand :indifferent14:! "Channel guide" and "info" is a head ache in D2H....ADTV is neat.

FUTURE READY:If you have your own universal remote, I would suggest you to go for TS 4K box. Don't go for D2h 4K as there is "minimal package" obligation and RF. You may wait till October for any festival offers and possible ADTV 4k launch...just a guess!

RECORDING: Atleast in ADTV,recording in HD+ still buggy (tried with sony 32GB pen drive as well as 1TB WD my passport :sad:). Also it doesn't make sense if two interesting shows/movies aired at same time. So think about a DVR option as well.

PACKAGE: Compare not just monthly package prices & channel count but "add on" packages as well...especially HD. Also yearly package discouts and/or free viewing etc.

RAINS: Airtel loves rains and just relaxes even with clouds unlike TS :rolleyes:.

AUDIO OUT: Check if there is 5.1 out from only optic or HDMI too as your AV receiver is likely to have only 1 or 2 "optic in" ports which you need for something else! Additional or alternatively "co-axial" audio-out port is desirable.

RAINS: Airtel loves rains and just relaxes even with clouds unlike TS :rolleyes:.

Only during heavy rains airtel transmission stops. There was no problem during light drizzle or when there is heavy cloud coverage. Worst was Videocon and Dish as even a slight drizzle would stop the transmission(have both in one another room). However, the location also plays a part I think.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back