Mr. Mohit Jain

blackhorn

At the outset, I am mentioning here that whatever I am mentioning happened about a year ago, so please keep that in mind, and yet the amount we are talking about is not noteworthy, but its my intent to notify everyone about a particular occurence.

The concerned Member Mr. Mohit Jain posts items for sale in the classifieds section of this forum. He posted a Sennhieser Momentum in Ear iphone version for sale, I contacted him on the 23rd of May 2015, after settling on the price, I deposited the amount a day after on the 25th of May which he confirmed. Just to be clear the amount agreed on was 3k INR which I deposited and the bank presumably deducted a cash handling fee of 70/- because he said he received 2930/-.

About a week after in which I asked him twice if he had sent the headphones he said he was busy with work and if I wanted he would transfer the amount back to which I said I could wait for him to be back in town so he can send the headphones. Four Days post i.e on the 5th of June 2017 he said that he had accidentally sent the iphone version of the momentum to fellow he had to send the android version and also he had suffered a loss in his business and would prefer to send the amount back. I agreed and sent him my account details on the same day. Thinking he would make the transfer, after I received my bank statements for that month I contacted him that no deposit was made in my account to that effect and if he had made the transfer on which day he made it and what we the reference id of the transfer so I could narrow it down or speak to the bank. Admittedly I did this too late as I made this enquiry in the month of September.

He did not reply to my initial mail, after a repetition he said he had made the transfer on the 10th of June, I again went through my statement and couldn't find the deposit, I again told him that if this was the case he would forward a reference id to the effect, this was on the 21st of September, he did not respond to my mail. Again in november I reminded him that I have not heard from him since and he insisted that he had made the transfer from his account. I told him I do not have any transaction for that date nor for that amount, on the same day he said please forward your account number so I can transfer the amount and he wanted to resolve the matter. I messaged my account number to him and I haven't heard back till date. The last time we corresponded was on the 28th of Nov 2017.

Its not my intention to smear Mr. Mohit Jain but it does come off that he is either intentionally being elusive or wanting to bury this issue. He uses the classifieds section to sell quite a few products on this forum, and regularly I might add. And I feel that all forum members should be in the know of this occurence as its in the better interest of the forum of keeping it as 'honest' as possible from my end at least.

Thanks for your attention.

Attachments

• mj1.PNG
    mj1.PNG
    67.7 KB · Views: 39
  • mj2.PNG
    mj2.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 39
  • mj3.PNG
    mj3.PNG
    46.5 KB · Views: 36
  • mj4.PNG
    mj4.PNG
    33.3 KB · Views: 35
Though very late now, I hope that the matter gets sorted out amicably after this post

Best wishes.

At the outset, I am mentioning here that whatever I am mentioning happened about a year ago, so please keep that in mind, and yet the amount we are talking about is not noteworthy, but its my intent to notify everyone about a particular occurence.

The concerned Member Mr. Mohit Jain posts items for sale in the classifieds section of this forum. He posted a Sennhieser Momentum in Ear iphone version for sale, I contacted him on the 23rd of May 2015, after settling on the price, I deposited the amount a day after on the 25th of May which he confirmed. Just to be clear the amount agreed on was 3k INR which I deposited and the bank presumably deducted a cash handling fee of 70/- because he said he received 2930/-.

About a week after in which I asked him twice if he had sent the headphones he said he was busy with work and if I wanted he would transfer the amount back to which I said I could wait for him to be back in town so he can send the headphones. Four Days post i.e on the 5th of June 2017 he said that he had accidentally sent the iphone version of the momentum to fellow he had to send the android version and also he had suffered a loss in his business and would prefer to send the amount back. I agreed and sent him my account details on the same day. Thinking he would make the transfer, after I received my bank statements for that month I contacted him that no deposit was made in my account to that effect and if he had made the transfer on which day he made it and what we the reference id of the transfer so I could narrow it down or speak to the bank. Admittedly I did this too late as I made this enquiry in the month of September.

He did not reply to my initial mail, after a repetition he said he had made the transfer on the 10th of June, I again went through my statement and couldn't find the deposit, I again told him that if this was the case he would forward a reference id to the effect, this was on the 21st of September, he did not respond to my mail. Again in november I reminded him that I have not heard from him since and he insisted that he had made the transfer from his account. I told him I do not have any transaction for that date nor for that amount, on the same day he said please forward your account number so I can transfer the amount and he wanted to resolve the matter. I messaged my account number to him and I haven't heard back till date. The last time we corresponded was on the 28th of Nov 2017.

Its not my intention to smear Mr. Mohit Jain but it does come off that he is either intentionally being elusive or wanting to bury this issue. He uses the classifieds section to sell quite a few products on this forum, and regularly I might add. And I feel that all forum members should be in the know of this occurence as its in the better interest of the forum of keeping it as 'honest' as possible from my end at least.

Thanks for your attention.

It is unfortunate that you had to face this incident.....

I hope this has got resolved in a decent mature manner......

Your post does serve as an eye opener for members who would like to buy pre owned stuff from the classified section. Some members have the comfort level thinking that buying from a fellow member will ensure the right product and smooth deal.

Whether the incidents which you faced was intentional or not, i think all members need to make sure of the deal and be mindful when it comes to the point of payment etc.

As for me, if i deal even with a person over OLX or anywhere else to buy or sell something....whatsapp can store your chat logs, (can email the whole chat history as required)...verify the number of the buyer or seller so that you know you are dealing with the right person.

Install a recorder on your phone (if not available) so that you have a recorded conversation available as proof....store it....confirm all deal details including account number and full account name.....reconfirm over whatsapp and phone call...this helps to gather evidence of the deal.

Once the deal is done, depending on your comfort level, delete the same......i typically would store this for 6 months at least.....

These are some hard actions to be done, no choice if you are venturing to buy from a person...be it OLX or anywhere else.....

Thanks for posting the case and as you have all the transactions and date of conversation, it is imperative on the part of Mr. Mohit to reply to your querry over here. This is good about this forum and we without any prejudice rely on the postings in 'for sale' section. We go by the merit of the product and our requirement vis-a-vis price but never doubt the seller attempting to dupe in any manner. But there has been some cases which have come to the notice of all and action has been taken by the Mods. But unless it is a small amount, it is very unlikely that you get back your amount. Hopefully your case will be resolved by Mr. Mohit. It is good that you have showed great piece of patience and you did not malign somebody's image in a hurry.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back