Multi-Zone Amplifier

Raghav

I have a terrace where I want to connect 4 pairs of outdoor speakers to one amp. Just looking for a basic system, nothing high end.

For the speakers I will be having Wharfedale Neptunes / Polk Atriums.

Will Sherwood RX-5502 solve the purpose?
Sherwood RX-5502 Stereo Receiver

Also where is it available in India?

If this is not right/available what should I be looking for?
I think Byford Audio has something for this use. Anybody knows?

Thanks
Raghav

and play them all at the same time?

Yes:yahoo::clapping::yahoo:

Actually there are 2 terraces each measuring 40' X 25'.
Therefore each terrace (1000sqft) needs at least 2 pairs of speakers.

If its just a few people then 2 pairs (one terrace) are in use. But in a party all 4 need to be played at once. In fact, I was suggested that 4 pairs is also less for the space and I need 6 pairs. However, since its only background and not a disco I thought 4 pairs will be okay.

The amplifier power need to be too much. Since with efficient speakers and soft music, lots of power should not be needed.

Will this product from Byford Audio suffice.
Untitled Page

Raghav

those are damn huge terraces I must say! where in mumbai do you get 40x25! unless they are rooftops of top floor

those are damn huge terraces I must say! where in mumbai do you get 40x25! unless they are rooftops of top floor

Exactly!! :yahoo::yahoo: Thats what they are on the 16th floor.

I have a wooden deck on half of each terrace and garden on the other half of each terrace. Thus 4-6 pairs of speakers.

Raghav

A solution is available with DNM -IMHO will be "too cheap " for you...

DNM Enterprise Product

Nothing is ever too cheap. :licklips: Where to buy in Mumbai and how much?
Even for outdoor speakers I am looking out for budget models.
So far have come across only Work, Wharfedale Neptune & Polk Atrium ones. Of these WORK are the most economical at around 8k a pair. So thats 32k in all. Any suggestions (No rock/garden ones)

Back to Amplifier
In fact the product seems to do the Job. However, this is public address system. Will it work well for home application? I also found this on their website. How is it different from the one you suggested.

DNM Enterprise Product

Also will the byford audio thing work.
Untitled Page

Thanks
Raghav

I have a terrace where I want to connect 4 pairs of outdoor speakers to one amp. Just looking for a basic system, nothing high end.

For the speakers I will be having Wharfedale Neptunes / Polk Atriums.

Will Sherwood RX-5502 solve the purpose?
Sherwood RX-5502 Stereo Receiver

Also where is it available in India?

If this is not right/available what should I be looking for?
I think Byford Audio has something for this use. Anybody knows?

Thanks
Raghav

For Sherwood products, visit Jamo showroom in Bandra...
Contact Mr Vikas 9321316211

Even for outdoor speakers I am looking out for budget models.
Wharfedale 9.0 are excellent budget speakers for this kind of setting. Also look at the Cambridge Audio s30. Both models should be around 8-9K per pair. They aren't outdoor models but if place them in reasonably protective surroundings, there should be no problem.

Last edited:
Wharfedale 9.0 are excellent budget speakers for this kind of setting. Also look at the Cambridge Audio s30. Both models should be around 8-9K per pair. They aren't outdoor models but if place them in reasonably protective surroundings, there should be no problem.

these are actually on the wall of terrace with just a covering on top. Though it will not get direct rain, they will be exposed to water, heat, dust, ocean winds, etc. Do you think tese speakers will do fine.

Raghav

Hi
Speak with Mr Bajaj from DNM- he can offer you total solution ( Amp + Remote _ if you wish his low priced soeakers)
Just put your results here!

these are actually on the wall of terrace with just a covering on top. Though it will not get direct rain, they will be exposed to water, heat, dust, ocean winds, etc. Do you think tese speakers will do fine. Raghav

Raghav,

Difficult to answer. I've always used my speakers indoors. Depends on how much heat and dust. If you clean them regularly and get a protective plastic cover made (speakers are small enough to get an airtight cover), then there should not be an issue. Water is one thing which is worrying...that will damage the drivers and the cabinets over long term exposure.

Raghav,

Difficult to answer. I've always used my speakers indoors. Depends on how much heat and dust. If you clean them regularly and get a protective plastic cover made (speakers are small enough to get an airtight cover), then there should not be an issue. Water is one thing which is worrying...that will damage the drivers and the cabinets over long term exposure.

Then i will best stick to one of the following

1. Work
Equipson

2.Polk Audio Atrium 45
Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions

3. Wharfedale Neptune 200
Neptune

Back