Mumbai ProFX @ Atria mall - Cheaters????

sviyer

I had booked my Denon 1909 during the 1st day of the recent AV Exhibition in Goregaon, Mumbai which was a Friday.
I was told by the Profx guys that I will be getting my Denon 1909 on the coming Monday as all their guys are busy in the exhibition, so they asked me to book the amp so as to get the exhibition rate. I did as they told.
On Monday, they started making excuses, that since they were working late on Sunday night, so delivery would not be possible on that day, but if i could come to their office in Atria mall, i could pick it up.
So I went there eager to get my AMP.
Upon going there, the story now was something different.
The only one AMP they had according to them had broken down at exhibition, so they had ordered another one and I will be getting it next day !!
I left the shop disappointed.
The next few days there was no information from them, when I called them, they used to tell they will call back but never called.
Finally, I was promised the same on this Monday (already a week had passed). But even on Monday they could not deliver it.
Reasons according to them, the delivery Van which was coming by road from Bangalore is stuck in some traffic and all that.
Today when I call them, they say it will take 10 ?? 15 days more to deliver very casually!!!
Anybody knows if these guys are genuine?? Do they ever deliver?
Can anybody let me know, if any other dealer sells the denon 1909, I would not like to transact with Profx !!!:mad:

1) Heera pana shop no: 12 (sound out - grey market)

below 3 are in same line:
2) The shop @ d.n.nagar, andheri west (near the club) [they have denon]

3) ALLIANCE 4 (for Wharfedale, Quad, Vanguard, DAC)
[they dont have denon but u can check with them,,, they have all
yamaha latest and pioneer]
Shree Cooperative Society, Opp. YMCA,
Near D.N. Nagar Police Station, Andheri (W), Mumbai.
Tel: 32934617, 9820162562

4) Viola (they have denon)

I had booked my Denon 1909 during the 1st day of the recent AV Exhibition in Goregaon, Mumbai which was a Friday.
I was told by the Profx guys that I will be getting my Denon 1909 on the coming Monday as all their guys are busy in the exhibition, so they asked me to book the amp so as to get the exhibition rate. I did as they told.
On Monday, they started making excuses, that since they were working late on Sunday night, so delivery would not be possible on that day, but if i could come to their office in Atria mall, i could pick it up.
The only one AMP they had according to them had broken down at exhibition, so they had ordered another one and I will be getting it next day !!
The next few days there was no information from them, when I called them, they used to tell they will call back but never called.
Finally, I was promised the same on this Monday (already a week had passed). But even on Monday they could not deliver it.
Reasons according to them, the delivery Van which was coming by road from Bangalore is stuck in some traffic and all that.
Today when I call them, they say it will take 10 ?? 15 days more to deliver very casually!!!
Can anybody let me know, if any other dealer sells the denon 1909, I would not like to transact with Profx !!!:mad:

Hi!

What abt speakers? do u have or planing to buy???

Thanks for the info girl21.
I will check with them.
About speakes i am not planing anything now. I am already using the Onkyo HTS 680, i will use the same speakers till the time i upgrade.

sviyer, have you paid them ? If not you can change them like you are planning.

how are you planning to get your booking amount back.

cheers

same case here .. booked in exhibition .. phone is not going thru .. today ??? Got the excuse( on monday) that delivery van was stuck at bhivandi .. (not blore !!!).

Last edited:
sviyer, have you paid them ? If not you can change them like you are planning.

how are you planning to get your booking amount back.

cheers

I have a paid a small booking amount , i have written a strong email to them, if they do not pay my money back, they will here from me soon.

same case here .. booked in exhibition .. have to yet hear from them ???? phone is not going thru ..

did you also book the same model?? what do have to say to you? what did they commit about the delivery @ exhibition?

Try reaching them @:

Bangalore (Head Office)
=========
Tel: + 91 80 65329638 / 25589109
Fax: + 91 80 25594298
TEL: 080-5768-6722
FAX: 080-2559-4298
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]
+(91)-9886645619
+(91)-(80)-25594298

Mumbai
======
Tel: + 91 22 65139936, 24813645
+(91)-(22)-66608165,65139936,24813645
+(91)-9892092662
[email protected]
[email protected]

You might just get lucky at one of the above.

I have a paid a small booking amount , i have written a strong email to them, if they do not pay my money back, they will here from me soon.

did you also book the same model?? what do have to say to you? what did they commit about the delivery @ exhibition?

yup denon 1909 .. and bcos of that dropped plans for a denon 4808 for 84 k ... At the exhibition they said that due to the overload they would be making the delivery on Thursday ... on thursday they said monday .. etc etc ..

Has anyone ( booked in exhibition )received 1909 so far ???

Last edited:
I got a mail from their CEO, he was saying it was due to an error in the logistic dept and was apologizing.
anyways i have cancelled my booking and asked for a refund.

Why dont you guys write a mail Denon Internation or Asia head
Atleast they will know what their dealer is upto in India
You have nothing to loose. Worst is they wont take any action.

1) Heera pana shop no: 12 (sound out - grey market)

below 3 are in same line:
2) The shop @ d.n.nagar, andheri west (near the club) [they have denon]

3) ALLIANCE 4 (for Wharfedale, Quad, Vanguard, DAC)
[they dont have denon but u can check with them,,, they have all
yamaha latest and pioneer]
Shree Cooperative Society, Opp. YMCA,
Near D.N. Nagar Police Station, Andheri (W), Mumbai.
Tel: 32934617, 9820162562

4) Viola (they have denon)

Hi friends,

Dont worry ,a new Denon Distributor in Mumai.( Vikroli )

KEI- Kripa electronic India
Hiranandani, vikroli
022-25173010/11/12

I have good experience with Alliance4
I bought mission m30i from them and returned them as didnt like with Onkyo.
I asked for Tannoy F1 custom.
Allience4 are not dealor of Tannoy & no one in Mumbai.
But for me they arranged from Sunny, Delhi and didnt charge extra.
Contact Mr.Kadam

Hi friends,

Dont worry ,a new Denon Distributor in Mumai.( Vikroli )

KEI- Kripa electronic India
Hiranandani, vikroli
022-25173010/11/12

I have ordered the Denon 1909 through KEI.
The person in KEI was telling that profx is no longer a distributor for Denon !!

It seems even the black color is now available in denon amps in India.

Friends, what was the best price you got from ProFX for the Denon 1909?
I am planning to buy this weekend, so please reply urgently.

Thank you very much,
- Vue

ProFX was giving it at 36K during the exhibition,
the latest price I got from KEI is 36,900/- for the 1909.
the dealers quote around 42 K and come down to 40 K.

Also I got a price of 48,900/- for the the Denon 2309 !

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back