Murphy Manor Tao 747

zero7

Today I switched on an old Murphy Manor TAO 747 from my dad's collection. It's physical condition is pretty good. It produced hum and made a sparking sound and immediately I turned it off. After a minute powered it up again and same sound came, as I was observing itt, that was coming from the electrolytic capacitor from power supply section. It's 50 Mfd, 300V.

Where can I get it or can I replace with a newer one? Appreciate any suggestion. I guess that's the first step to fix this radio. From the picture, you can see the leakage and rusting of the chassis as well.
(unable to upload the pic. Need to compress it. Will upload later)

IMG_20210314_100635__01.jpg

Got schematic and guidance from FM, Mr. Venkat, who has same model. Will try it out and post the results in couple of weeks. (need to go and get 47uF caps to replace)

Due to the pandemic situation haven't been able to go out and get few more parts. Need some caps and resistors. And unable to find the value of the part in the pic below. IMG_20210411_160059__01__01.jpg

Got schematic and guidance from FM, Mr. Venkat, who has same model. Will try it out and post the results in couple of weeks. (need to go and get 47uF caps to replace)
HI there, I am trying to restore a Murphy TAO 747; do you have any documentation on the circuit dia or schematic that you can share.

Hi,

I am Uday Kalburgi, Here is the schematic. Be sure you replace all old capacitors, ensure the Filter capacitors are within limit of the rectifier valve.

Regards

HI there, I am trying to restore a Murphy TAO 747; do you have any documentation on the circuit dia or schematic that you can share
Please find the schematics that I have. I couldn't get clear schematics which are readable. Hope this helps to some extent. I was told that the schematic of Tao 776 is same as Tao 747.

Hi,

I am Uday Kalburgi, Here is the schematic. Be sure you replace all old capacitors, ensure the Filter capacitors are within limit of the rectifier valve.

Regards
Sir, attachment didn't get posted I guess. Do you have a clear schematic than the one I attached above?

Attachments

• Murphy Radio Number TAO 776.gif
    Murphy Radio Number TAO 776.gif
    227 KB · Views: 18
  • Murphy Radio Receiver TAO 776_(radio-workshop.co.uk).pdf
    590.1 KB · Views: 16
it is 6mb, give me your email id, I will mail it to you, or whatsapp connect.

Regards

Uday K
Thank you sir. I have sent you my email ID in WhatsApp

Thanks to @udaykalburgi. Received the clear schematic diagram from him. Will work on the radio this weekend, hopefully.

Hi,

Regards
Sharing the circuit diagram received from Mr. Uday Kalburgi. Credit goes to him for providing a very clear circuit diagram.
Murphy Manor Tao 747- Circuit Diagram.JPG

Please find the schematics that I have. I couldn't get clear schematics which are readable. Hope this helps to some extent. I was told that the schematic of Tao 776 is same as Tao 747.
Thanks a lot; i also got the version from Uday

Hi,

Regards
Thanks for the advice; will change caps; also looks like i
1. Might have to change all the valves; 1. Any idea where i can get a complete set;
2. Most of the resistors are 1W; are there any resistors on the circuit which are higher than 1W; as that detail i don't find on the schematics.

Thanks in advance

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back