Music Fidelity V-dac - how good is it and where in India is it available?

Hi Magma,
How is the set up sounding? Actually this would be a superb upgrade for u.
The source/transport was an old PIONEER multi disc player, valve amps and a spendor SM. Cables are straight wire.
The Dac is light and small and can be easily carried in your baggage.
Rgds

Hi Magma,
How is the set up sounding? Actually this would be a superb upgrade for u.
The source/transport was an old PIONEER multi disc player, valve amps and a spendor SM. Cables are straight wire.
The Dac is light and small and can be easily carried in your baggage.
Rgds

exactly what i was thinking!

setup has opened up a bit
the stupid wooden cabinets were at fault,they were drowning the details
Putting the speakers 1.5feet off the rear wall and such that they cud see each other sideways did the trick.
almost got the sound we auditioned in lakozy.
i say almost because my source is still weak

now when i heard you freind uing the pionner multidisk transport i thought to myself JACKPOT!

was thinking bereford but had already been considering this when i saw anm's thread

btw is your frind in mumbai? wink wink!
will call you later

unfortunately Stereophile propogates MF brands rather shamelessly ! Musical Fidelity made great products some years back..these days you can do more for the money. not that they are bad..but price for sound quality is much higher.
beresfod seems to be very highly mentioned in most forums..also some chinese DACS like the ZhaoLu are great for the money.

Completely agree.
Look at some stuff here too. They have some nice kits too.
http://www.scott-nixon.com/

Rule of the thump: The bigger and more mass market a company - Avoid unless you are looking at their top of the line products. I personally do not like any of the new MF gear. A friend of mine upgraded twice into their integrated amplifiers only to find a relatively smaller unknown manufacturer beat them nicely even at a much lower price point.

Last edited:
Completely agree.
Look at some stuff here too. They have some nice kits too.
http://www.scott-nixon.com/

Rule of the thump: The bigger and more mass market a company - Avoid unless you are looking at their top of the line products. I personally do not like any of the new MF gear. A friend of mine upgraded twice into their integrated amplifiers only to find a relatively smaller unknown manufacturer beat them nicely even at a much lower price point.

any advice on an alterantive to V dac at theat budget ( 300$)

The Usb Chibi from Scot Nixon. Push the budget up a bit and you can buy the tube dacs which have a major following around the world. You will not look back :)

Zapfiltered Zhaolu

Stello DA 100 if you can push your budget up around 600$
http://www.aprilmusic.com/main/sub02_02_02.html

the stello is a legend in mid budget DACs !
unfortunately a bit too exp
maybe i should try and get my hands onaused one.

ive heard of the Zhaolu
whats a Zapfiltered Zhaolu ?

You could also check out the HRT Streamer+, its in the same price range.

Here's the review from 6moons, its an interesting read. The reviewer found this dac to be better than dacs which cost over 5 times or more than it.
6moons.com audio reviews: High Resolution Technologies Streamer+

HRT has also released the Streamer II+ which is supposed to be better.

At the price range, this is one of the dacs I would check out, apart from the Arcam rDac.

And if you are stretching your budget the Chordette Peach or Blacknote Dac should be auditioned.

Well MF v2 has more options than HRT Streamer(opt/coax)and makes better option.
Secondly online rev says MF is better than DAC magic(more laidback),even Benchmark DAC & has 3D soundstage.It sounds better than Xoanr-

Musical Fidelity V-DAC Owners? - Page 6 - Head-Fi.org Community
Musical Fidelity V-DAC Owners? - Page 7 - Head-Fi.org Community
Musical Fidelity V-DAC Owners? - Page 4 - Head-Fi.org Community
http://www.taurus-high-end.de/infomaterial/cambridgeaudio/test/test_dacmagic_audio0109.pdf

MF v2 has same DAC as xonar ST.

Last edited:
Back