Music PC

ranjeetrain

I always thought I was getting the best computer playback on my ancient (kind of) computers. But for the curious mind!

I came across this while trying to see if I need to upgrade. And I found this Amazon.com : Music Computing CoreMC 2 Elite Desktop : Electronics

Now I am all miserable at the crap sound I am getting from my ancient computers :lol:

Well, when I get over the shock I will resume playing music on my outdated computers :p

This is actually well priced I say
But surely over speced for a music PC..

Very good as an animation work station or high end server for web hosting

Rikhav, the product is by "Music Computing".

Web hosting doesn't need graphics card with 8GB RAM. Animation, yes, that's legit.

Check out the innards. [IMG2]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81mJqySUECL._SL1500_.jpg[/IMG2]

I came across this while trying to see if I need to upgrade. And I found this Amazon.com : Music Computing CoreMC 2 Elite Desktop : Electronics

Now I am all miserable at the crap sound I am getting from my ancient computers :lol:

Well, when I get over the shock I will resume playing music on my outdated computers :p

Both these are overkill for audio listening. You don't need any of the components. In reality, many of the components are redundant and may even create noise. A simple PC with low quality display card, and a high end sound card is all that is needed. Adding a SSD will be the ultimate requirement for an audio PC.

Cheets

I always thought I was getting the best computer playback on my ancient (kind of) computers. But for the curious mind!

Its a Time travel machine as someone mentioned in the comments. See the wheels and jet engine type fans Inside :)

Server machines do have wheels. Those fans are cpu cooler and this is a dual CPU machine

Ranjeet, I agree that company is selling the wrong product as music PC
I have seen server machines meant for web hosting with nvidia quadro GPUs. Not sure for what lts used
I happen to see the machine at a resellers shop

Both these are overkill for audio listening. You don't need any of the components. In reality, many of the components are redundant and may even create noise. A simple PC with low quality display card, and a high end sound card is all that is needed. Adding a SSD will be the ultimate requirement for an audio PC.

Cheets

I have a similar view, Venkat. About SSD, with RAM prices down to dust SSD is hardly beneficial provided you know how to make you machine use RAM for anything except mandatory reads.

Server machines do have wheels. Those fans are cpu cooler and this is a dual CPU machine

Ranjeet, I agree that company is selling the wrong product as music PC
I have seen server machines meant for web hosting with nvidia quadro GPUs. Not sure for what lts used
I happen to see the machine at a resellers shop

Actually professionally maintained servers are rack mounted. Wheels are good to have on heavy workstations.

The point of my post was amusement I got out of the manufacturer name, which read "Music Computing". Someone uninitiated might get bought that this is the best Music-PC available on the planet todate. Of course as a computer it's not useless. For USD 15k it better be good for something.

I have a similar view, Venkat. About SSD, with RAM prices down to dust SSD is hardly beneficial provided you know how to make you machine use RAM for anything except mandatory reads.

Some music play software have the option where it loads the song onto the RAM before playing. I have a 16 GB RAM machine, and I have not experienced any delay or jitter.

Cheers

16 GB is plenty RAM by current standards for music-only capability. In fact the effect can be achieved with as little as 2 GB RAM if the approach is correct.

16 GB is plenty RAM by current standards for music-only capability. In fact the effect can be achieved with as little as 2 GB RAM if the approach is correct.

Hi Ranjeetrain,

You must have heard of Bughead emperor player. Many in the forum have changed their player to Bughead and we have separate thread for that(courtesy Jls001). It requires 32 GB of RAM for playing full potential. Please experience this player and let us know.

http://www.hifivision.com/computer-audio/60876-bug-head-player.html

Last edited:
A low TDP PROCESSOR ,SSD,linear power supply & maximum an audio grade USB pcie cards maximum.....ultimate AUDIO PC IMHO

Hi Ranjeetrain,

You must have heard of Bughead emperor player. Many in the forum have changed their player to Bughead and we have separate thread for that(courtesy Jls001). It requires 32 GB of RAM for playing full potential. Please experience this player and let us know.

http://www.hifivision.com/computer-audio/60876-bug-head-player.html

Hi Dheeraj,

I had tried Bug Head Player a long time ago. The reason I didn't write about it is, primarily, it's a work in progress. It's (at least it was when I tried it) buggy, imperfect, and most importantly a resource hog.

My music only machines are light on their feet. This guy wants a heavyweight-lifter. When I tried it, I had mixed feelings about it. But since it's a work in progress, I will surely give it a try and write about it when things settle down. I hope some day it will topple Foobar as the most adored audiophile software player.

A low TDP PROCESSOR ,SSD,linear power supply & maximum an audio grade USB pcie cards maximum.....ultimate AUDIO PC IMHO

The list is good. Add a few items. (Rather remove things). Get rid of bloatware. Get rid of WiFi, Bluetooth etc.

I had tried Bug Head Player a long time ago. The reason I didn't write about it is, primarily, it's a work in progress. It's (at least it was when I tried it) buggy, imperfect, and most importantly a resource hog.

:):)

With all the hoo haa in the other thread, I was wondering if I should start disturbing my peaceful existence with my music system. I will now give the Bug Head Player a loooong miss. If at all I move from Foobar, it will when something like Amarra become available for Windows. Till then I will stick to Foobar. I have tried a few other players, and kept coming back to Foobar.

Thanks

With all the hoo haa in the other thread, I was wondering if I should start disturbing my peaceful existence with my music system. I will now give the Bug Head Player a loooong miss. If at all I move from Foobar, it will when something like Amarra become available for Windows. Till then I will stick to Foobar. I have tried a few other players, and kept coming back to Foobar.

Thanks

true, foobar is best for those who don't like to fiddle with their bits.

I have given the Bug a try and too much to fiddle with and more over fiddle the same thing everytime you open the player after closing the session. Just peaceful existence in this world moved back to Foobar :)

I doubt the seller is selling this configuration for Music Listening. Its for Music production, Music composition, or so. Check out the product description:

The Music Computing CoreMC 2 is the world's most powerful PC for 8K Video Editing, 3D and Effects Rendering, Music Production, Stock Trading and THE Ultimate Gaming Experience.

I have given the Bug a try and too much to fiddle with and more over fiddle the same thing everytime you open the player after closing the session. Just peaceful existence in this world moved back to Foobar :)

Thanks

Do we have a Foobar settings thread? Would love to know what all addons, plugins, settings, theme, layout, etc you guys are using.

Last edited:

Thanks

Good decision Venkat :) Bug Head Player has become kind of a rage perhaps because it uses Audiophile friendly terminology/rituals. With options like "Rewrite wallpaper" it was a sure to strike a chord with a lot of audiophiles. I was taken aback reading the prerequisites. One of them was something like it needs a 10 minutes burn-in each time it is started, or something like that. Besides unable to deal with the logic behind, it's also a practical barrier. If I have one hour to spend with my music before I call it a day, I'd rather use that for listening to music than wait for my playback system to be ready. Even that could be accepted for the sake of better sound if it was just a one time thing, but it also had some ridiculously long wait between playing two tracks. That was it. I couldn't use it for more than a week.

Yup, agree. Foobar remains honest with the bits unless you ask it to do otherwise. The best feature of Foobar is genuine RAM playback, another area which many players claim to do, highlight as a headline feature. Foobar does it without pretence, without fuss.

Last edited:
Back