Music System for Home

Do you rate Quad bookshelves better than Zensor 3?
I have not listened to them but quad seem to be very premium brand perhaps more premium than Dali. Do give an audition and take a call :) I guess hifimart has some offers going on for quad bookshelves and integrated amp combo.

Thanks. Could you please share if you compared Dali Zensor 3 Vs. Oberon 1?

Hi Prish, most welcome.

I couldn't compare the the Dali Oberon 1 ( 5 1/4 inch ) vs Dali Zensor 3 ( 7 inches woofer) since the dealers did not have Zensor as it was the outgoing series & Oberon had not come in. Since there was no possibility of listening to both at that point of time I went by the reviews of WhatHifi

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/dali-oberon-1

They have compared Oberon 1 with the preceding Dali series. Technologically & soundwise the Oberon series is supposed to be better than the Zensor series & the tweeter is slightly bigger. The woofer is the same size 7 inches in both .
You can audition the Dali Oberon speakers at The Shop, Ville Parle west ( 022 26204706). The 7 inch woofer either in Zensor3 or Oberon 3 will sound bigger than the Oberon 1 but they do not have wall mounts.

Pls note the Zensor is also a very good series & an award winning speaker. Pls do consider the size of your room before going for any speaker. You can have 2 bigger ones for your left & right speaker & small ones for the rear/surround ones. Ideally the front 3 speakers ( Center included) should be of the same make & series.

Thanks. Could you please share if you compared Dali Zensor 3 Vs. Oberon 1?
The Zensor 3 has got good reviews. You can ask Love4sound since he has Zensor 3. What
saketgyani has said above is absolutely right. Adding to that the Oberon's are more refined compared to the Spektor & Zensor line with the Soft Magnetic Compound (SMC) technology in the woofer magnet & a smoother tweeter.

I found Zensor 3 to be bright sounding when paired with Marantz int amp. You can audition Marantz PM6006 (which has an inbuilt DAC) with wharfedale diamond 225. This has a very good tonal accuracy & soundstage (for the price) and is non fatiguing for extended listening sessions.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back