Musical/Live performance Blu-rays

KonfuSed

Hi All,
Recently watched This is it and I immensely liked it. and now I'm planning to buy some of my favourite band's performance/music video in blu-rays. Main idea is to watch the band perform and listen to HiDef music. Currently placed U2's Rattle & Hum and Bon Jovi's Live at Madison Square Garden in my shopping cart. Would like to know if anyone has any reviews of them.

Other bands I'm interested to buy are,
1. Pink Floyd -
- Pulse seems to be shot in Video Tape and hence won't be good in Blu-ray and so that's probably the reason that it's not in Blu-ray yet. But audio might be better in lossless blu-ray tracks and that's one big reason to wait for it. Any reviews on the DVD version?
- There is David Gilmour live at Royal Albert hall. Anyone knows/bought this one? Seems bit expensive.
- Any news of any other Floyd Blu-ray?
2. Guns N Roses
- I liked their music videos of Estranged/November rain etc and had a DVD but lost it sometime back. Any news of any Blu-ray release?
3. Dire Straits,
- I think there is one Blu-ray but somewhere I remember reading that the DVD is better? Is it true?
4. Metallica
- Not much idea of what is available.
5. Eagles
- Would love to have Hell Freezes Over on blu-ray. But doesn't seem to be available.
6. Nirvana
- Unplugged only please.

Please let me know and also let's share about any such Blu-rays if available or any news about their availability.

Just check the reviews

I have heard very bad reviews of U2-Rattle and hum, but will wait for your review once you see it.

I have Dire Straits- Alchemy live. The video is shot in 4:3 but the audio is in stereo lossless pcm and DTS HD. They have an hour of BBC extra footage interview of Mark Knopfler and frankly to me that was the one that made me worthwhile.

tr

Please let me know and also let's share about any such Blu-rays if available or any news about their availability.

Hi,

I've the following 1080p/5.1ch ripped version's which I feel it's worth a buy, they are in my purchase list also and most of it is available at Amazon.

Bon Jovi: Live at Madison Square Garden
Justin Timberlake: Futuresex / Loveshow - Live from Madison Square Garden
Ricky Martin Live: Black & White Tour Blu-ray
Shakira: Oral Fixation Tour
The Blu-ray Experience: Opera & Ballet Highlights
Beyonc: The Beyonc Experience Live
Blue Man Group: How to Be a Megastar
Tupac: Live at the House of Blues
Eminem: Live From New York City

cheers.

Hey Thanks Aneel for the list and Sud. I'm ordering
U2-Rattle&Hum,
BonJovi - Live at Madison square garden
Metallica - Francais Pour Une Nuit
all on blu-ray.

Anyway, a small update, today I bought Eagles Farewell tour I, live from Melbourne on DVD. This is a 2 DVD set with total 30 songs. The DVD's seems to be a imported discs and priced at 995Rs. Just played the 1st DVD and I'm literally blown away by the audio/video quality of this two disc set. It sounds really good. It has two tracks one is LPCM 48khz, 16 bit track (stereo) and another DTS 5.1 track. I'm listening to the LPCM track (just heard only 4 songs till now) and it sounds good, really good. Tried the DTS also, it sounds good too but somehow audio from the surrounds is not exactly working for me. To me it's a collector's item. The video quality is also quite good and I'm sure if on blu-ray it'll look just amazing. But none seems to be in pipeline at the horizon.
BTW, it sounds strange but I'm enjoying the music with the videos a lot lot lot nowadays. First it was MJ's This is it and now this. Gonna get some more soon ;-) And also gonna get the speakers soon to elevate the experience

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back