Must visit hi-end audio showrooms to visit in Mumbai...

If you want to see serious high end stuff youshould visit

Boomerang : 4, Malhotra house, opp GPo, W H Marg, CSt Mumbai 400 001.
Tel No 9821214981

Homiyar.

If you want to see serious high end stuff youshould visit

Boomerang : 4, Malhotra house, opp GPo, W H Marg, CSt Mumbai 400 001.
Tel No 9821214981

Homiyar.

Dear Mr. Homiyar,

Sir,

This is interesting....
Does the store in CST have more / better / seriouser [sorry wrong english] Hi-End audio gear as compated to the one in Juhu ? Both stores being Boomerang !
Please do shed some light as to what all 'hi-end' they carry & have in stock & on demo - I would be keen to visit !!

Thanks,

Appreciate it.

Regards,

I visited Yesterday,
They have mix stuff-

Budget -Denon501,Marantz
Hiend -Bryston pre+power,Arcam,Cyrus,Moon

I would beg to differ about Bhanja 's remarks about Sonus Toys. They are a bargain buy to get Sonus sound and build quality. Read Ken Kessler review in High Fi News, except for very low frequencies , they are typical Sonus . The speakers got editor's choice award from Hi Fi News , the magazine which I trust more than publications like What Hi Fi The absolute sound etc.

Last edited:
Search continues... I am dying to hear the ATC SCM11.... :)

What do you think of my impressions? My hearing and understanding of hi-fi audio? ;)

ATC scm 11,19 and 40 are available for audition with ATC and B&K amplifier @ cinema focus chennai. Apparently they took the dealership as per AR Rahman's suggestion.

Cinema Focus - Index

Did you hear the focal electra bookshelf at profx?

cause all focal speakers there are very poorly amplified and cabled & not burnt properly.

Last edited:
I presume SCM-50 and upwards are available on order with them as per Mr. Razack, the partner of Cinema Focus.
However, the outrageous India pricing of ATCs completely throws it off - out of the window!
I am sure fellow member < Dr. Bass > will be quietly grinning :eek:hyeah: at these crazy prices mentioned.
ATC retail prices in UK

SCM-11 at 865 (approx Rs. 60,000 using xe.com conversion)
SCM-19 at 1524 (approx Rs. 1,05,000 using xe.com conversion)

I've visited their store a few times and have listed to most of the speakers and home theater setup they have.They were very friendly and i liked the store and of course the ATC speakers, integrated amp & Synergistic research cables .

Yes the SCM 50 is avilable on order.

The outrageous pricing i guess is present on most of the speaker brands in India except may be the wharfadales.Considering ATC does not sell that much in india except for studios the hight margin might unavoidable.

Having said that if there is another route throuh which some u know has got these at a reasonably less price then please let me know through PM:), cause the SCM 19 is really tempting me.

Last edited:
Now - I like that! :lol: :yahoo:

Reserve some serious money to drive them. Those B&K that you heard them with are lousy!

Yeah thats true, B&K was not able to do justice to those speakers, but the ATC integrated has really good and sounded very smooth & musical but it lacked power for delivering that ATC signature low frequency(considering the fact that it is quite expensive as well).

Ive heard them with bryston monoblocks and it sounded pretty good, so i am guessing they should sound fine with mccormack, Plinius or Classe power amplifier.

Have been trying to track down ATC, but no luck in Mumbai.

Also contact EWow for Totem Acoustics, they have a set up in Andheri West. Good pricing policy too.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back