mxq pro

doors666

I received my mxq pro android tv box a few days ago. its the 2gb/16gb version which costed me about 38$ (Rs2700) from ebay. Its a nice unit. I have played around only a bit with it so far.

My main use was to access the data on my pc hdd using dlna/upnp and its been good so far with that. Easily played some 8-9gb rips which i have. played hevc also.

I had issues with hdmi to av receiver, so far using it directly with tv. It works fine with the avr but the hdmi connection is dropping out from time to time, I was using the hdmi cable supplied with the device, and is quite thin, hopefully with a better cable, it will be ok. If that did not work, i can use spdif to take the sound to the avr. No issues with suing it with the tv so far.

no bluetooth. Not only no bluetooth, it also didnt recognize a bluetooth dongle, makes me think that the support for bluetooth has been compiled out of the kernel.

With my pathetic speed of 1 mbps after the the FUP, I could use it to watch online indian news channels, or watch older tv series like friends and sienfeld etc. basically, only SD stuff, for HD, you need much more bandwidth.

i havent tried browsing yet, no need also.

the remote supplied is flimsy. i could use kore (installed on my mobile) as a remote with kodi. So far no full remote access through the mobile. The google tv remote app does not work as that works only with android tv devices. Android tv is basically a version of android designed for smart tvs. this box uses android marshmallow software.
Any one got a full remote software to work over wifi. My cell doesnt have ir blaster.

No success with casting also yet.

I also want to change the launcher to something better.

kodi comes with too many addons, someday i need to clean it up or reinstall.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back