My 1st experience with Turntable ''Shafic -WOW''

vikramdesigner

Hi Guys

Would like to share my exp before that i would like to thank

FM -SHAFIC - SELVIN - RECORD PLAYER - EDDIE -CANCHI.

( EDDIE -CANCHI) - visited their house for Demos b4 purchasing. THANKS a Lot.

Just got my 1st turntable from shafic TECHNICS SL-1900 with Technics Stock Cartridge. Mint condition and very well maintained like NEW.
Not even a single parts were altered or touched.

Shafic is really good person from heart and very helpful. he is more concerned abt the product quality and the delivery than me, i just went with his words and got the turntable. was like WOW!

Here is the package pics which i received :

TURNTABLE
qzhpqr.jpg

vioa6q.jpg

PLATTER
2q8tvs0.jpg

kd3j93.jpg

Free LPs
2qv5swj.jpg

Random pic
fy0ql2.jpg

I got all the parts separate so was concerned abt fixing it.

Then I contacted few forum members ( EDDIE - RECORD PLAYER - SELVIN) - (Very helpful and trusty guys )

All 3 members wanted help me out but our timing were not matching.

It took me a week, as all were busy with office work .

FM -RECORD PLAYER- called me last weekend to meet but i was held up with family gathering.

So i tried with one of my uncle with help of YouTube videos. anyhow we finally replaced Technics stock cartridge with new Shure M447. I loved the output, but still i was missing something.

I called up Selvin other day for some doubts, but he was like don't worry i will help u out. He traveled 2 hours to reach my house with lot of interest, i was like OH GOD and then the shocking part is that he got some professional tool kit for fixing the tonearms and alignment , as if i called professional turntable service guy. he was so accurate abt the placements and neatly re-assembled all the parts with some tweaks and touches and it was like HOLY COW . one word AWESOME SOUND with less Cracks and pops. I m so thankful to him.

He played some of his fav Lp to find out how it sounds and confirmed its perfect and well maintained Turntable by SHAFIC. very good stereo image with smooth and tight bass. I paired the turntable with Vintage LUXMAN L-3 Amp.

I played few old lps (Sadma & Qurbani) and new (Parwaaz and Sufiyanna) , got some few lps from delhi and mumbai

vxm92f.jpg

All sounded so good was fully satisfied with my purchase.

Here are the few pics and video after Selvin visited my house which was neatly place and tested.

332lzyt.jpg

2gwvwab.jpg

Video may sound bit bassy cause of speakrs were very close to walls but u can feel the quality of the song from the turntable. pitch was bit fast in this video but now its corrected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDqUsD9pBJc

Thanks to everyone and my journey starts here with Vinyls.

Last edited:
Excellent stuff Vikram. You cant go wrong with Shafic, his professionalism, ownership and quality of packing is top notch.

Unfortunately we could not make time for a catch-up last weekend, but good to know that Selvin pitched in. And yes it is key to have all alignments in place to get the best juice out of your TT.

Cheers and enjoy your listening sessions.

Good.. Vikram... As I informed during my visit, You will get much detailed sound and image if you place your Left speaker little away from side wall and increase the distance between two speakers. But your room limiting this.

Feedback is still there. Find out a set of replacement legs for your TT. Wish you Happy listening. :)

Congratulations.... the youtube video sounds good. Even my first and only TT was from Shafic. Now I feel like upgrading them... :)

Vikram, RP,

Thanks for the kind words!! The TT is matching very well with the Luxman amp.

@ Vikram,

I am quite miffed :D with you, you forgot to mention about the Luxman amp and my recommendation/consultation. I want a "SMALL":licklips: party from you.

Enjoy the Vinyl magic!!

regds,
shafic

Welcome to the club Vikram :)

I have also heard good things about our FM Shafic. I'm looking forward to buy a good TT from him in the future whenever it is possible :)

It's heartening to know that vinylheads are helping out others. Way to go, Selvin!

And congrats, Vikram on the new experience:)

Vikram Congratulations !!! on your recently acquired rig (TT & Amp). Sounding really sweet. Now, I think I need to come and check your set-up out before you drop in to hear mine. Have funny feeling, after hearing your unit, I might not invite you :D If is is sounding this good in your recording I can well imagine what it will sound like in person

Welcome to the vinyl world .. Enjoy !!!!!!

Thanks guys :)

Sorry i was away for few days , had gone for Christmas vacation.

@Selvin - Ya my room is limiting me but im planning to change my house soon :p

@Shafic - yeah FM members Shafic also recommended to find some good vintage Amp to match my TT (specifically LUXMAN or Sansui ) and i got it anyhow from far relative.

@Shylo - Thanks and sure u can come to my house. we will plan out. :)

Like to post few more videos here :

Yeh Vaada Raha (old) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LIylyR2y1s

IKTARA ( new) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvuzTP2Im8k

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back