My 5.1 System

sviyer

AV Receiver
Denon 2309 A great AV receiver with lots of features and also has the latest Audio/Video decoding technologies. Good for Music , great for movies, excellent for Bluray movies with HD audio.

FR/FL/C
Tannoy F1 Customs
Decent pair of speakers with great vocal clarity and good midrange and highs. It is completely fatigue free and you can easily listen to it for hours and never get tired. Good for stereo music as well and so is it with movies. Not great bass though, but decent or so I feel.
A good set of speakers to start your journey in the HIFI world.

SR/SL
JBL Monitor Audio
Good speakers and can be used for fronts too if needed, very sharp at lower volumes but tend to get a little harsh t higher volumes. Its a VFM though. Comes along with wall mount stands and very easy to fit.

SUB
Velodyne CHTQ 10
A very good sub for music and movies both, packs a great punch in it. With 4 preset for movies, music and games and with a remote control it sure is a great sub with good features, a bit on a expensive side.
The whole listening experience has changed with this sub.

DVD Player
Pioneer 610 AV
Great DVD player, great dvd clarity. I also use this for my Muscic source both stereo and 5.1. Sounds very good.

TV
Samsung 32 A650
A full HD TV, good feature sets and good clarity too.Watching HiDef stuff is a treat to the eyes.

PS3
Great for games and HiDef Stuff.

All the cables are normal stuff as of now, need to venture into it which will be the next part. Closely observing members posts on the Cable and interconnects threads.

Also would like to build an HTPC as have a good collection of MP3/Flac with me. Again would look forward to the forum for support.

I would like to thank the Forum for the wealth of information available and Forum members for guiding and advising on the available choices.
Regards

Quite a good setup. A HTPC is a good idea but connecting via AVR is a headache from what I have found especially with ground loop hum etc. I have found having good speakers and soundcard on the HTPC works out better for music and another option is have a DVDP that you can use as a source with digital out and USB option (USBs have become quite cheap these days, I got 8 GB for like Rs. 1500 4 months back and was reading that in the U.S. USBs have now gone to 64 GB). The DVDP can be connected to the AVR but only problem will be you will need to have the TV turned on to look at the playlist etc. If you can connect your PC to the AVR and without any headaches like ground loop hum, etc. and better still via digital out then nothing like it to play FLAC, MP3s, etc. Do keep us posted about your progress.

And congrats on the great setup. Enjoy!!!

Quite a good setup. A HTPC is a good idea but connecting via AVR is a headache from what I have found especially with ground loop hum etc. I have found having good speakers and soundcard on the HTPC works out better for music and another option is have a DVDP that you can use as a source with digital out and USB option (USBs have become quite cheap these days, I got 8 GB for like Rs. 1500 4 months back and was reading that in the U.S. USBs have now gone to 64 GB). The DVDP can be connected to the AVR but only problem will be you will need to have the TV turned on to look at the playlist etc. If you can connect your PC to the AVR and without any headaches like ground loop hum, etc. and better still via digital out then nothing like it to play FLAC, MP3s, etc. Do keep us posted about your progress.

And congrats on the great setup. Enjoy!!!

Actually if the dvdp supports mp3 line in, then you can connect your mp3 player/ipod directly to it through a stereo-stereo cable.

Very good but little costly setup.
Cost can be secondary when Quality is needed.

One Q-Why did you opt for different surr?Do they match or differ in SQ?
As you know I have Tany too & not yet upgaded my surr.

You can tell me pls the cost of individual components.

Cost for AV so far..

Samsung TV - 42,000, Bangkok, Thailand
PS3 - 19500/- - Fort, Mumbai
Denon 2309 - 49,500/- with B&W from KEI, Mumbai
Tannoy (FL,FR,C) - 28,000/- Alliance4, Andheri, Mumbai
Pio 610 - 6600/- Soundout, Heera Panna, Mumbai
JBL (SL,SR) - 7500/- , Atria Mall, JBL store, Mumbai
Velodyne Sub - 38,000/- Alliance4, Andheri Mumbai

Cables and interconnects - 5500/-

There was no purticular reason for choosing diif surounds, had gone to Atria that day, heard the JBL speakers, liked the sound for the money it retailed so brought it.

Thanks Moserw, I sometimes use my laptops, which has an hdmi port, to listen to flac, mp3 ect. No hum noise in that.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back