My A/V setups

superczar

Here they are:

A) My dedicated Media room - Phase Tech Velocity V-12 line speakers, Polk DSW Pro 500 Sub, HK AVR
b) stereo setup in the living room - Marantz PM-17, KEF iQ5, M-Audio audiophile USB DAC and a Mac Mini

Neither come anywhere close to some of the other dedicated HT setups I have seen on this forum but hey, at least it's a start ;)

There is no custom room conditioning done for either , something that will have to wait till I move in my own house.. On top of it, setup (A) definitely needs a bigger room and a bigger screen (if not a 1080p projector)

But these babies seem to be doing their job pretty well even without room conditioning

Hopefully, I'll have both systems setup properly by the time I hit my 3rd decade :)
Do wish me luck!

Living room - Stereo setup for Music

livingroomvn7.jpg

[Media Room] - 5.1 setup for Movies

Hi,

Lovely setup and wonderful units. All the best for your own house and the proper setup of your gears.

Here they are:

A) My dedicated Media room - Phase Tech Velocity V-12 line speakers, Polk DSW Pro 500 Sub, HK AVR
b) stereo setup in the living room - Marantz PM-17, KEF iQ5, M-Audio audiophile USB DAC and a Mac Mini

Neither come anywhere close to some of the other dedicated HT setups I have seen on this forum but hey, at least it's a start ;)

There is no custom room conditioning done for either , something that will have to wait till I move in my own house.. On top of it, setup (A) definitely needs a bigger room and a bigger screen (if not a 1080p projector)

But these babies seem to be doing their job pretty well even without room conditioning

Hopefully, I'll have both systems setup properly by the time I hit my 3rd decade :)
Do wish me luck!

livingroomvn7.jpg

Here they are:

Do wish me luck!

livingroomvn7.jpg

Hi

I have always admired the PM 17 and the HK products , This is one wonderful setup , i would suggest you for a better equipment rack though. great work.

david.

Do wish me luck!

But for what? You are already lucky that you have two seprate dedicated systems. Wish us luck that we should be able to get those.

By the way good setup.

(plz don't mind)Spend some money for shelfs and try to make room more acustic friendely.

Overall you will get 7 out of 10.

Ha. Ha Ha. Just joking.

Bye.

Spend some money for shelfs and try to make room more acustic friendely.

Same issue guys, I don't want to plonk major money in a rented house on furniture pieces that may or may not go well with the decor of my house..

The equipment is another story though ;) I can always weave the decor of my house to make it fit with the the equipment :D

looking very good, but highlight for me is the Logitech keyboard. that's quality!

edit: just saw Wii, hope you are enjoying it!

Last edited:
Stumbled upon this thread 8 years later :O
The pics seem to have gone and that's a shame!

What's surprising though is that the core audio setup hasn't changed much- The idea to however move these to a better (and more permanent) fixture however seems to have gone to plan :)
Here is how this looks now:

Living room

The AVR was changed back in '11 to a Denon 1611
The surround speakers (not visible) are Bose 301s
The display is a Samsung JS9000 and the media player is a NUC running Kodi (content on a 8TB NAS)
The Sub and the main speakers remain the same :) (DSW Pro 500 and Phase Tech Velocity V12)
OARuI9b.jpg

The kitchen

Setup last week (and the reason why I returned to the forums)
Nothing great but good enough for the environment it is in:
Boston A26 driven by a >1000 Rs Amp (TPA3116D2)
The source is a chromecast audio

ihGgveh.jpg

The room yet to be setup

I have been deferring this for 3 years now!
The room is bequeathed to me by the better half to be setup (eventually) as the Men's den - like any self respecting man, I have been delaying the setup for years! :p
The Amp is a Marantz PM 17 (same as before) and the speakers Kef Q5s (same as before)

qWd2nJj.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF5701.jpg
    DSCF5701.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCF5699.jpg
    DSCF5699.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCF5703.jpg
    DSCF5703.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 228
Forgot to mention a big upgrade on the control setup!
The remote is a harmony hub that is integrated with Domoticz (my home automation hub) and Alexa (Amazon Echo)

So if I want to watch TV, I can either press the watch TV button on the remote or verbally ask Alexa to Turn on the TV - Which will fire up the TV, AVR, Subwoofer and STB , set the inputs appropriately and turn down the lights to a warm and dimmer shade.

Or I can ask Alexa to turn Movies on ("Alexa, Turn movies on") and it will flip the input to the NUC - And if I pause a movie in the middle, it will turn the lights back to bright..
Switching off everything once done can again by done either by a single button press or asking Alexa to turn AV off !

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back