My Audio gear dilemma

hang up a nice big canvas painting on the wall behind the laptop or use some absorption panels.

Canvas painting will be nice... do not cover the frame with glass

you are among the lucky ones to not have a TV in-between the speakers.

The canvas painting is a nice idea. I use the wall as a projection screen, so will need to get a projection screen in case I hang a picture there. Lucky enough to have a wife who is least interested in watching TV, so don't own a TV till now. Lets see for how much time more this luxury is maintained.

Last edited:
PS : do check if your amp gets enough ventilation. You may consider placing the amp on the top shelf too.

There is about 5 inches of space between the top of the amp and the wooden board. Somehow, its not obvious in the pic. Isn't it enough? I do check the amp periodically and it I think it doesn't get hot enough.

Last edited:
Lucky enough to have a wife who is least interested in watching TV, so don't own a TV till now. Lets see for how much time more this luxury is maintained.

:lol:

folks who prefer Music to TV are likely to be happier.

and happy husbands make happy wives ( or wives happy ;) )

Good for you.

:D:lol:

There is about 5 inches of space between the top of the amp and the wooden board. Somehow, its not obvious in the pic. Isn't it enough? I do check the amp periodically and it I think it doesn't get hot enough.

as long as the amp doesnt get hot...thats all that it needs.

The canvas painting

it will look stunning as well..and it looks so much better than those gray colored absorbers / diffusers in between..

But if you have the moolah to spare then look at a proper sound treatment... google it and see the images and you will know.

But i would prefer a canvas painting - anyday.

I have a 50 inch painting on my rear wall. It looks great and lifts the room.

PS : Remember - No glass on the painting - we are trying to avoid reflective surfaces here.

have fun !

it will look stunning as well..and it looks so much better than those gray colored absorbers / diffusers in between..

But if you have the moolah to spare then look at a proper sound treatment... google it and see the images and you will know.

But i would prefer a canvas painting - anyday.

I have a 50 inch painting on my rear wall. It looks great and lifts the room.

PS : Remember - No glass on the painting - we are trying to avoid reflective surfaces here.

have fun !

Proper Sound treatment would be too costly. I am thinking of upgrading the dac first but not sure by how much that will improve the sound quality. Do you have any good dac in mind which can substantially improve the sound quality over my existing at arcam rlink.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back