CD Player : Accustic Arts Player ES
Turntable: Kuzma Stabi S
Tonearm : Kuzma Stogi S
Cartridge: MC Phasemation PP-300
Phono amp: RCM Sensor 2 with its own separate power supply
Integrated Amp: Accustic Arts Power Mk 3
Power Conditioner: Shunyata Research Hydra Model-4
Speakers: Thiel CS 2.4

Room size is 13ft x 10 ft; Behind the speakers is a 2-inch wooden frame filled with glass wool. Behind the listening area are two parallel (but not exactly one below the other) shelves will books of different sizes irregularly placed and some objects placed.

Entire system rests on a granite platform which was essentially a seating place before I placed my audio gear on it; Rear of the system are thick curtains behind which is a window. The speakers are also placed on about 1.5 inch granite slabs.Audio Set-up.jpg

Turntable is placed on 2 inch Maple wood platform. The maple platform rests on 2" x 2" x 7/8" high square pads made of rubber and cork.
Listening area is about 9-10 ft away from the system.

Since the interconnects are not long enough, on the amp rest the cd player and on top of it the phono amp. Once I get the longer interconnects (Audio Art IC 3SE) the CD player will be shifted to the left of the turntable. I have placed an order for new interconnects - Organic Reference interconnects for connecting the Phono amp and integrated amp. Introduction of new ICs ( expected in the coming days) and maple platform have been the first tweaks to the system in almost two years.

Dont know any of the brands you mention but must say looks very high end .... Impressive.

Nice!

I had a similar granite shelf which I replaced with a 3 inch maple wood platform. So instead of just the tt, all equipment rests on the maple platform. It made a huge difference.

Nice!

I had a similar granite shelf which I replaced with a 3 inch maple wood platform. So instead of just the tt, all equipment rests on the maple platform. It made a huge difference.

Thanks for your feedback.
Yes in the coming months, I shall place the maple platform under the amp and see what difference it is making.
I am also worried that too many tweaks at the same time will make the sound dull. After having enjoyed the system for almost two years, probably I am making too many changes at the same time. Small incremental changes allows you appreciate the sound better and understand your system environment better. Trial and error will the way forward.
Plan to enjoy the music in the existing set-up including the introduction of the new interconnects and see what impact it is having.

Hi Oracle1974

Nice setup there.. The electronics are new for me though.

Do tell us how you got around to where you are today in terms of hardware...

What kind of music do you listen to and how many hours per month... ?

Regards
Mpw
Mumbai

I heard a Kuzma tyrntable recently in Chennai. Supposed to be an elite brand

Hi Oracle1974

Nice setup there.. The electronics are new for me though.

Do tell us how you got around to where you are today in terms of hardware...

What kind of music do you listen to and how many hours per month... ?

Regards
Mpw
Mumbai
Thanks mpw. This will require a longish answer.. so will respond later.

I heard a Kuzma tyrntable recently in Chennai. Supposed to be an elite brand
Yes Kannan it is a high end brand . Particularly the turntable that you heard recently . The one that I have is more of an entry level model and one is paying a lot more just for the design. I liked the uniqueness of the design. Reviews on the web suggest sonically there will be better sounding brands at that price point. For us in India, we do not have option of auditioning of different brands and making a more informed choice.
But what I hear of this system at home (without having the opportunity of hearing other brands), I like the way it sounds. I have been advised that particular pairing with phono amps and cartridge will get the best of this turntable.
So far it has been a pleasure.

In my search I have not auditioned other turntables or for that matter several amps/ CD players , I am not able to provide a comparative assessment for the benefit of the forum members here.
Probably I shall make an attempt at a latter date to write here how it sounds to me.

Last edited:
Hello oracle74,

Superb looking setup and room. Very neat and clean look.
Good to see another quality vinyl rig on the forum.

Regards.

Hi Oracle
A sweet setup you have there
And a clean room

Are all electronics being powerwd by the shunyata including the amps?

Can you describe in short the changes the conditioner brought in the overall sound and if there is any downside in using a power conditioner

Hi Oracle
A sweet setup you have there
And a clean room

Are all electronics being powerwd by the shunyata including the amps?

Can you describe in short the changes the conditioner brought in the overall sound and if there is any downside in using a power conditioner

I did not visit this thread or probably missed replying. Here is my response:

I am wary of using my gear without any surge protection and hence will not be able to comment on the "without power conditioner" scenario.

All the units are powered by the Hydra.

I have recently bought my first after market power cord - Harmonix X-DC Studio Master 350. It is connected to the CD player. I do hear some amount of difference. The sound seems "less hurried" and more clear. Some more extended listening and A/B test would be more conclusive.

I am keen to buy Accustic Arts Ferrite 2 power cord for my amp which of the same manufactuerer. I read reviews that it makes a lot of difference.

One comment on the use of Ferrite by Prem is that it clears the noise but at the cost of losing some details on the music. I may want to still try it. Sometimes system synergy makes things work differently for different systems.

Also, I have a new sets of speakers now- more resolving and probably it is time to experiment with power cords.

Absolutely spot on
Synergy is more important in the end.
Would be keen to know your views after trying the above mentioned power cord

My Audio Set-up
CD Player : Accustic Arts Player ES
Turntable: Kuzma Stabi S
Tonearm : Kuzma Stogi S
Cartridge: MC Phasemation PP-300
Phono amp: RCM Sensor 2 with its own separate power supply
Integrated Amp: Accustic Arts Power Mk 3
Power Conditioner: Shunyata Research Hydra Model-4
Speakers: Thiel CS 2.4

Room size is 13ft x 10 ft; Behind the speakers is a 2-inch wooden frame filled with glass wool. Behind the listening area are two parallel (but not exactly one below the other) shelves will books of different sizes irregularly placed and some objects placed.

Entire system rests on a granite platform which was essentially a seating place before I placed my audio gear on it; Rear of the system are thick curtains behind which is a window. The speakers are also placed on about 1.5 inch granite slabs.View attachment 26774

Turntable is placed on 2 inch Maple wood platform. The maple platform rests on 2" x 2" x 7/8" high square pads made of rubber and cork.
Listening area is about 9-10 ft away from the system.

Since the interconnects are not long enough, on the amp rest the cd player and on top of it the phono amp. Once I get the longer interconnects (Audio Art IC 3SE) the CD player will be shifted to the left of the turntable. I have placed an order for new interconnects - Organic Reference interconnects for connecting the Phono amp and integrated amp. Introduction of new ICs ( expected in the coming days) and maple platform have been the first tweaks to the system in almost two years.
Hi sir, anything changes ? You used 1.5 Inch granite for floor standing speaker

Hi sir, thanks for your reply.any improvement or any changes
in sound ? ( Granite use )
Not that I could make out.
Speaker placement made the big difference. For Thiels, toeing them is not recommended as per the user manual. But for me , toeing made a huge difference.
Hope this helps.

Not that I could make out.
Speaker placement made the big difference. For Thiels, toeing them is not recommended as per the user manual. But for me , toeing made a huge difference.
Hope this helps.
Same experience for me. Also the amount of toeing has a lot of impact on sound for thiel as per my observation. Did you get spike extenders for thiels?

Same experience for me. Also the amount of toeing has a lot of impact on sound for thiel as per my observation. Did you get spike extenders for thiels?
No, i did not get them. Spikes could make a difference was later revelation for me. In my view, such tweaks make a difference when you have all other things right. It is like the "top of the pyramid" tweaks.. unless you have the base and other elements in place, the top of pyramid cannot be built. Just like Maslow's hierarchy : self-actualisation = audio nirvana!

Hi Oracle...

A great looking setup you have there. I must admit iam not familiar with any of the brand's, except Thiel :D

But iam sure you are having some great sound there . Enjoy :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back