My AV Furniture...finally !!

Are you guys inventing the kamasutra of storing LPs? :D Position #14 vertical is the way to go. A little slant does not put that much pressure on the last LP cos it inevitably is flat against the rack wall. Keeping them flat one on top of each other will warp em eventually. You can't keep them entirely vertical unless there are enough LPs to fill a rack. They'll start sliding when you keep pulling em out and moving them to select an LP.

Absolutely .... I have kept the LPs in a slight slanted position and never ever did I feel that there was any risk of breakage or damage. The rack wall supports it well. Although I have enough to fill the rack so keeping them vertical also suits me. But stacking them one on top of the other is a NO NO for me. It is cumbersome and the weight causes the LP center circle impression on the album art.

thank you all for the suggestions I will get corrected mine soon. One more question is there any online store that sells vinyl sleeves or cases since a lot of old vinyls I have (78 and 45 mainly) which either do not have any sleeve or in very bad shape.

thank you all for the suggestions I will get corrected mine soon. One more question is there any online store that sells vinyl sleeves or cases since a lot of old vinyls I have (78 and 45 mainly) which either do not have any sleeve or in very bad shape.

MUSICDIRECT - Mobile Fidelity - MFSL INNER SLEEVES (PKG 50) is reputed. I remember stevieboy giving away lots of them. A friend of mine recently purchased some and gave me one for trying out.

What about #21?
Is Vertical standing the best way?

See the picture on post # 21. It is vertically stacked. That is the correct way of storing records. It obviously can't be absolutely vertical because there has to be some slack to pick up and put in records, so some slant is inevitable and doesn't lead to warp.

Yes, vertical is best. Stacking leads to warps in the long term. Also consider the logistics of weight when searching for records on a stacked pile. Even a handful of records get very heavy.

I am currently experimenting with virgin plymers to create good inner sleeves as well as out sleeves. Plus I am also experimenting with thicker outer jackets for vinlys that do not have any of the outer sleeves due to extreme weathering damage. will be creating a thread for it soon. then maybe we can do a group buy?

MUSICDIRECT - Mobile Fidelity - MFSL INNER SLEEVES (PKG 50) is reputed. I remember stevieboy giving away lots of them. A friend of mine recently purchased some and gave me one for trying out.
I use these MoFi sleeves and would recommend them at its price.

I am currently experimenting with virgin plymers to create good inner sleeves as well as out sleeves. Plus I am also experimenting with thicker outer jackets for vinlys that do not have any of the outer sleeves due to extreme weathering damage. will be creating a thread for it soon. then maybe we can do a group buy?
Manav,
Please let us know how you go, need a good solution for outer sleeves.

I am up for inner and outer sleeves. Anyone who is interested in a bulk/group buy, I shall be glad to pitch in.

Manav,
Please let us know how you go, need a good solution for outer sleeves.[/QUOTE]

will do. soon!

simple and best
you can spice up the things with some innovative designs

some shades of black gloss , toughened glass ,led lines some steel

As long as they are cost effective I am in. MoFi ones seems 1 seels for 18$ ~ 900 rupees.

I have recently bought MOFOI inner sleeves from needledoctor http://www.needledoctor.com/Mobile-Fidelity-Original-Masters-Sleeves-50-pk
Their service is very good.Don't forget to use coupon SAVE10 to avail 10% discount on your total purchase.

Regards,
Sachin

I have 100 new gold 78 RPM inner sleeves. Will put it up for sale when I get time. if anyone wants at cost, message me. bought by mistake from needle doctor.

Manav,
The inner sleeves may be slightly critical, because they need to be of precise dimension, so that while putting them inside the cover does not cause any problem. The outer sleeves, of course, may be comparatively easier and may tolerate some clearance.
Please count me in for group buy.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back