My AV Furniture...finally !!

kartick

Hi Everyone,

Ever since I bought my turntable 3-4 months back, I have been wanting to give it a deserving seat. The King needs a nice throne you see!! I searched online for AV racks and similar furniture but it costed a bomb. I wanted to get involved in each step of my vinyl journey so I finally decided to finalize everything myself. I have taken the big step now and have finalized the design, measurements and other details for my AV rack.

Once I decided to delve into Vinyl, I always thought it would be just about getting a turntable and an amplifier and then my life would be set !! But guess what, reality hit me and I came to know that every element of the vinyl chain needs so much thought that I think raising a baby would be so much easy as compared to this !! I have spent weeks researching for my turntable, amplifiers, matching bookshelf speakers, sound card, records, that in my sleep also I can imagine laying my hands on mint condition records and rare stuff.

I have commissioned a carpenter to make a record player/amplifier stand as well as a record rack. The journey so far in the world vinyl has been so enriching and wonderful that I now find it hard to imagine what kept me busy before I ever got into all this. But the joys are extraordinary. I never knew walking and hunting for hours to chose the right sunmica laminate for my AV furniture would give me so much satisfaction. Well all I can say is that the work is on and I would be posting the pics of the ready products very soon. And yes, I took the most difficult step and am setting up my own music room as well. It is small room but I'm sure very proud of it. Will keep you guys posted in a few days. Hopefully by this weekend !! :yahoo:

Nice kartick! Waiting to see pics of the rack and record shelves! It is indeed satisfying to be involved rather than buy it ready made.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to go for the DIY way. I was not satisfied with the readymades available.looking forward for your pics and can copy yours.
Hope you have not got your design patented.

Hi Kartick,

It is good to know that you are designing and building your own furniture and stands etc. Please keep us all informed about your progress as you go along. All the best for your project.

Regards.

wow you sound so excited and you should be.....hows the setup goin? would like to see some pics of the finished work soon.....enjoy your vinyl jouney :)

Thanks a lot everyone for expressing your eagerness. It gives me great happiness to tell you that the project is now complete and I am just finishing setting up the room. :yahoo:

I am going to post some pictures pretty soon. Would keep you guys posted.

Regards,
Kartick

Work is done sir. I'll post the pics soon. But the setup is nothing elaborate. Simple Basic stuff. Anyhoo, will try and post them by tonight.

continued ....

Attachments

• IMG_0263 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0263 (Custom).jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0267 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0267 (Custom).jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
very nice cosy setup indeed. One question is that keeping the vinyls in slanted position, does that not impact them anyway since the one at the very end will wihstand maximum pressure and suceptible to breakage

Nice vinyl rack kartick. What's the side material? Teak or some veneer?

Regards

Nice vinyl rack kartick. What's the side material? Teak or some veneer?

Regards

Hi,

The rack, the record cabinet and the computer table are all made with wood topped with the sunmica laminate. The veneer style is teak. It is from Stylam.

very nice cosy setup indeed. One question is that keeping the vinyls in slanted position, does that not impact them anyway since the one at the very end will wihstand maximum pressure and suceptible to breakage

Although I did not realize that but thank you for the suggestion. I have put them in a vertical fashion now. They don't put the weight on the neighboring LP now. Each stands on its own legs !!

Oksy ksrtick, I have kept mine one below the other, incovenient though but please recheck once with other vinyl colectors on this forum if keeping the vinyls stading on their own feet is okay or not, some years back one of my vinyls broke while kept in standing manner vertically. Of course that can be some coincidence but I think experienced vinyl fans here can provide more light. Once again you really have a very nice setup and more importantly it seems you have planned your furtinure well.

stacking the records one on top another can cause warping (similar to the porcelain plates)....then the question is how to keep them...can somebody suggest?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back