My new system

Glad you are having music again and appreciate your dedication and commitment. Really gutsy hacking on the increasingly rare ARU -- I should've known you'd find Goodmans employees to talk to!

Above is taken from Sadik’s post. This is how the speakers look. The bottom one is the ARU and the top one is the removable driver cover. I remove it when in use.

Yogibear, Sadik has the diagram. I had only given the build plans to him. He can share it with you. I don’t have the diagram. You can reach out to him. Nothing secretive about it.

This cabinet is designed specifically by Goodman for the Axiom 80 driver. They designed cabinets specific to each driver they manufactured. Also the ARU design is specific to each driver. So am not sure if it’s a universal design where you can fit any driver. But if you wish you can try FWIW.

Last edited:
Beautiful ! You are enticing me to build a prototype and try some fine drivers I have.

Possible to share the build plans if it’s not copyrighted or something ?
The Axiom 80 is a very high compliance, high Vas and low resonance driver which is suitable for this type of box design which is aperiodic. You can succeed only if your TS parameters are similar.

Above is T&S parameters of Axiom 80 that someone measured and put it up on another forum. No idea if they are accurate.

From what I have read, Ted Jordan, the designer of Axiom 80, did not believe in T & S parameters.

Above is T&S parameters of Axiom 80 that someone measured and put it up on another forum. No idea if they are accurate.

From what I have read, Ted Jordan, the designer of Axiom 80, did not believe in T & S parameters.
Yes, been reading about them recently.

Amazing setup, Prem!
As always, you’ve put together a system I know nothing about, but am desperate to hear :)

@prem - did the plenty of Basta simulation that we did last year, do they agree with the outcome of what you are listening? Curious to know. Thanks.

Hari, the simulation we did was more for OB.

I went with their recommended box design with aperiodic vent. We never did one with aperiodic vent. Also the Goodman box is 6 sided

Hari, the simulation we did was more for OB.

I went with their recommended box design with aperiodic vent. We never did one with aperiodic vent. Also the Goodman box is 6 sided
We had also done for the Aperiodic box too Prem. The Aperiodic box showed significant bass lift compared to the OB design.

If you are saying we did, I am sure we must have. But I don’t remember what the graphs looked like.

This driver behaves very very differently from any other driver I have heard. There’s an immediacy that’s uncanny. So I don’t know how much of the conventional simulations work with this driver. As I had mentioned earlier, Ted Jordan doesn’t believe in T & S parameters. The driver has no surrounds and has free edged suspension. I don’t know of any other driver that follows this design. At least for the Axiom 80, I wouldn’t bother too much with the simulations.

It’s sounding good in his box design. I presume he knew what he was doing. The challenge I think is to retain the strengths of the driver and still have decent bass. And that’s kind of what his aperiodic vented box does. Even the vent is designed by him and is specific to the driver. It’s patented. When I read the patent, is when I realised it’s best to buy his designed ARU only. And not try to replicate it.

But Hari, it was fun doing those simulations and getting some idea of what could happen. Thanks Hari for taking the time out and doing all those simulations.

Last edited:
If you are saying we did, I am sure we must have. But I don’t remember what the graphs looked like.

This driver behaves very very differently from any other driver I have heard. There’s an immediacy that’s uncanny. So I don’t know how much of the conventional simulations work with this driver. As I had mentioned earlier, Ted Jordan doesn’t believe in T & S parameters. The driver has no surrounds and has free edged suspension. I don’t know of any other driver that follows this design. At least for the Axiom 80, I wouldn’t bother too much with the simulations.

It’s sounding good in his box design. I presume he knew what he was doing. The challenge I think is to retain the strengths of the driver and still have decent bass. And that’s kind of what his aperiodic vented box does. Even the vent is designed by him and is specific to the driver. It’s patented. When I read the patent, is when I realised it’s best to buy his designed ARU only. And not try to replicate it.

But Hari, it was fun doing those simulations and getting some idea of what could happen. Thanks Hari for taking the time out and doing all those simulations.
Ok. Have you done any FR measurements or planning to do one?

What a speaker the Axiom 80 is. It picks up all the nuances and the feel of a song like no other speaker I have owned or heard in my life. It doesn’t go as low as the JBL but you don’t miss it. I feel once fully broken in it will go down to 45 hz. But what it plays within its bass limitations is extraordinary. No wonder Vladimir Lamm called it the best driver ever designed.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back