My DIY efforts

madman29

Hi everybody,
Here are some of my DIY efforts. The floor standers are made two years back. The centre chanel was also made then. The sub was finished recently.

Last edited:
Whoa! That's a lot of drivers, look scaringly cool! How do they sound? Could you post a bit about how it's designed?

Very good and talented hand you have. Is that a DUAL turntable?
what drivers are those? did you make them with MDF or ply?
regards
suri

Hi,

Hey one more addition to the DIY Club :clapping:!

So get right on and give us all the low down on them buddy ;) ! Some different stuff !

Whoa! That's a lot of drivers, look scaringly cool!

Here Here :eek:hyeah:! Could you please as been asked by other and now me give some details ;)!

Looking forward to hearing the details of this and your other existing or upcoming DIY stuff :)!!

Regards.

It gives me great joy to know that you felt interested. Thanks a ton to Grubyhalo, Suri and Soundsgreat.
First the driver list:
Floorstanders
Bass Driver: 8" (Made by a speaker repair co. in kolkata with imported cone, spider, voice coil as they import those to repair other branded speakers. The frame and magnet is locally sourced. Paper cone with rubber surround. Power handling 100W. I don't have any equipment to cross check that. More deatail to come when I post my Crossover.
Mid Driver: 5" (From Chandni Market in Kolkata. 50W each. No brand mark. Paper cone with choth surround.)
Tweeter(Mid): 2" Bolton. Model 8PT22.
Tweeter(High): Philips
Centre channel
Bass Drivers: 4" The kind the put in TV's for super woofers.
Mid: 3.5" Sonodyne. Bought From Chandni Market Kolkata. This one sounds super.
Tweeter: Philips
Sub: Pioneer
The floor stander and the center channel is made of .75" MDF with printed vinyl wrap. Will post more about the inside design once I find those sketches.
The Sub is made of 1" MDF with Teak Ply on top of that. Finished with wood polish.
The turntable is SL-D3(technics) Cart: Ortofon OM10
DVD: Pioneer. DV-400V
EQ: Sony
Amp: Kenwood KA-2200, Yamaha RX-V450

Last edited:
great DIY
nice finish too.
the net and cabinet build is no childs play

im intersted onmore detailson how ou build the floorstander base and the net

P>S that kenwood amp is a lovely one

Back