my exp with the mezee 99 classics after 4 months

HPZ used to have a try and buy program. Dunno about whether they still do it but i did try a loaner unit of the Chord Mojo first before placing an order with HPZ.
I think you can book am appointment and go over to their office. Try out the phones on display. I have done so in the past and thats when the bubble burst after I tried on the meze.

Or wait for the HPZ Connect in your city...thats where I heard it in bangalore

HPZ used to have a try and buy program. Dunno about whether they still do it but i did try a loaner unit of the Chord Mojo first before placing an order with HPZ.
yes they do but most of the stuff is missing for trial.

I bought the mezee 99 classics after thinking a lot first because of the price and also i was looking for a good headphone in that price range and i didnt want to be paying that much for something which i would later regret.
I am a novice listener and have mostly been on the lookout for good headphones or earphones.i have used senheisser momentums and the audio technica which i sold before getting the mezee.

After listening to the mezee for this long i feel that these headphones are worth the cost in terms of the build and probably looks but the main aspect which is the sound didnt impress me a lot.The thing is it mostly sounds like a normal headphone to me.it has good bass(muddy)but the highs are rolled off too much and the mids arent revealing and are recessed.even the bass isnt punchy or tight but seems a bit muddy.

I mainly used apple lossless,tidal and quobuz to listen to various songs and each time i have felt that my senheisser
momentums wired earphones sound a lot better than the mezee.

i am somebody who likes the spaciousness,tight bass,good mids and not so shrieky highs.However the mezee 99 classics seem to serve a totally different crowd altogether.

I would like to hear the inputs of other fellow music listeners who have heard this headphone.
Yes you are on point with the assessment of this headphone. It can turn pretty boring/dull quickly. However if you only listen to EDM music with lots of bass & boosted treble, these will definitely get you in a groove. For example Pathan movie songs, Cheap thrills by Sia, Be the One by Dua Lipa. Muddy bass isn’t actually muddy though, it has resolution & texture too which comes out nicely on these songs. Fast bass headphones will sound anemic for these songs.

Yes you are on point with the assessment of this headphone. It can turn pretty boring/dull quickly. However if you only listen to EDM music with lots of bass & boosted treble, these will definitely get you in a groove. For example Pathan movie songs, Cheap thrills by Sia, Be the One by Dua Lipa. Muddy bass isn’t actually muddy though, it has resolution & texture too which comes out nicely on these songs. Fast bass headphones will sound anemic for these songs.
i agree its not comparable to the muddy bass of sub 5000rs headphones but muddy in the price point they are at.at this price point even if not exceptional i was expecting atleast a senheisser momentum type quality.

To all those who may be looking towards buying a pair i would suggest look elsewhere at this price point.Having come from ATH-M50X and senns i can say that both are great and rather invest in a amplifier and dac and get the ATH for less and njoy better resolution and tight bass for phones.
But if one needs to hear the little beats and stuff even inside a tight bass go to Senns.i dont know if the ones now after the take over has the same quality or not.

For me this has been a lesson learnt the hard way that never trust reviewers..trust ur ears and eyes only.It may vary across people but not by a lot.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back