My first audition experience: Tannoy Revolution DC6 and PSB Image B6 bookshelf

+1 Don't base your decision to buy an AVR after listening to an Amp even if its from the same manufacturer

I feel that you should increase your budget for the front speakers from 35 K if you plan to spend 1 lack plus on AVR

Thanks for your suggestions. Regarding the audition with an integrated amp, my first objective was to see how the speakers sound to my ears. Yes, I understand that using an integrated amp vs AV receiver is a different ball game. At the same time, I wanted to pick the bookshelf speakers which suits my ears. It was in that context I could find PSB Image B6 to my liking.
The second thing is I also used Marantz SR6006 for auditioning the speakers. Of course it was good and I could still see B6 speakers sounding good to my ears. Yes, I also take your point that I cannot blindly assume that the NAD receiver will sound the same as the integrated amp.

Coming to the speakers budget and AVR price ratio mismatch, even prosenjit advised me the same. My idea is to upgrade to towers some time down the line. So I have taken a small step in that direction. Having said that, when I auditioned both Image B6 and DC6, they were sounding great and I couldn't believe that the sound was coming from bookshelf speakers. I am planning to audition other bookshelf speakers as well.

Coming to the speakers budget and AVR price ratio mismatch, even prosenjit advised me the same. My idea is to upgrade to towers some time down the line. So I have taken a small step in that direction. Having said that, when I auditioned both Image B6 and DC6, they were sounding great and I couldn't believe that the sound was coming from bookshelf speakers. I am planning to audition other bookshelf speakers as well.

Good idea to start with Book Shelves. Both the models you selected are good.
The image B6 has better bass where as the DC 6 has better clarity ( not sure if this is the correct description)
The choice will depend on your listening prefrence

stick with nad psb set...
if possible u can go psb a notch high set..
if and only if you mind SQ ..which imho matters only and only...
later just add power amp while budget permits and u will have a super set up

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back