My first Buy - Stereo Amplifier.

Thanks for the reply guys.. So Marantz is much better than Norge? I wish I could demo both side by side but that's impossible...:confused::confused:

I dialled DNI at Ballandur. They offered the Marantz for 20k after discount. If I did decide to buy ,Hifimart would be the better choice.. But I am thinking of a demo from DNI :eek:hyeah:

Go for it and don't look after the price. As Marantz is totally worth it. :D

Hi everyone,

At last ,the good News , I bought the Marantz PM5004 :yahoo:. Yesterday in the morning, i noted that the Marantz is out of stoke in Hi-Fi mart. So i tried contacting HT store JP nagar (Thanks to sunikm for bringing this store to my attention) and they told that only one piece is left (but the site showd 2 pieces left) and they will give it for 16500. Then i tried contacting DNI at Ballandur and asked them for the price. They said the MRP is 28k and when i informed them that HT store is offering for 16.5k , the guy laughed:indifferent14:. He offered 23k as the final price. Then I didn't think twice. I went ahead and bought it online. They promised that delivery will be done on the same day and they did . Also bought 2 pieces of 2 meter speaker cable from Monster. They charged 400 for that. I paired it with my Pioneer BS22s.

Initial Impression - Was not very impressed at first :sad: .But as time went by , it started to open up and i went from :sad: to :) . I hope after a few days, i can enjoy the real music from Marantz and Pioneer.

Special thanks to everyone who helped me out by posting in the thread. Will try to post some pics later.

Please make sure you connect your speakers with correct polarities (+ -), you can try by switching the polarity of one speaker first. And use the amp regularly for few hours (at least for few days) to burn in the amp. It will perform much better after that period.

Additional question by someone looking to invest in a new system: The general take is that if you wish lossless reproduction of music you need to go for a dedicated / integrated amplifier, a high quality CD player and good set of speakers. For some, this option may not be feasible, especially if they have to invest in an AVR for movies as well and keep music and movies seperate. Would then, getting a good AVR and a DAC with a set of good speakers do an equally good job? Or is the premise itself rather flawed?

Back