width=16feets
hight=8feets
the room has 2walls and 2 glass walls
the roof is by POP and floreing is 3mm carpeted
2 walls of the room r even 3mm carpeted
that is going to be a 7.1 setup
thats all as of now
friends kindly guid me in rite way
do you want me to change any thing here?
wich makes my setup much better
waiting for your helpfull replys
wishes
Suman Kumar Bhokray

welcome to the forum buddy and we do have a lot of threads regarding the HT room build please go through them ..

do post some pics so we can get a rough idea to visualize what we are looking at.. and how things can be done ... and then the gurus can help ya wid the same.

also has the wiring been already done ?

how bout electrical points ?

as you stated that you have 2 glass walls... ??

pics please...

I am using HD20 projector, It is a very nice projector. This projector needs longer throw distance. Please check if that works with you. If you have ceiling fans already mounted, they may obstruct Projector mount.
I hope you checked this already.

Tnks guys for the quick response. Since the room is still under construction, i will not be able to post the pics for another week days. As per the wiring part the speaker wiring will be done through a pipeline that runs above my POP roof. i will be using 16 gauge o2 free copper, and electrics i am planning to install 10 3 way 5 amp socket beside my screen hidden under the platform. Guys plz tell me about yamaha 8900 towers........and MK Reddy kindly what screen size and material are u using...... what was the cost plz....

optoma HD20 projector
9into5screen

lenth=23feets
width=16feets
hight=8feets

You have to take care of a number of issues here.

(1) When you talk about a 9x5 screen, assuming it is a 16:9 ratio, you are talking about a 120 inch diagonal.

(2) The projector lens has to be 9.5 inches above the top edge of the screen. Since you ceiling height is just 8 feet, even assuming you use a 12 inch ceiling mount, you screen will come down to about 1.5 to 2 feet above the floor. You have to be very careful in placing the equipment and the centre channel. None of that can rise about 1.5 feet.

(3) If you use a fixed screen, the total width will come to nearly 10 feet. That leaves you with just 3 feet on either side to place the speakers. Some amount of sound absorption has to be done on the side walls.

Cheers

Thank u so much venkat for the expert suggestion, i am sorry i made a mistake in calculating the height of my room its 8.6 ft, i am mounting my equipment and the centre speaker at 1.5 ft from the ground. yes my towers would be placed beside the screen and the walls of the room is totally carpeted. plz kindly suggest me on speakers and towers i have 2 options with me yamaha 8900 and polk TSI 400.,

Sorry for the late reply.

Since you are doing it from the scratch, you could have built the room as per one of the Sepmeyer golden ratios to reduce the room mode issues to a great extend with out much effort. With the ceiling height of 8' 6", I would suggest not to reduce it as much as possible, max 4 - 6" (if you are going for a false ceiling). Also dont do the false ceiling through out the room, it should be very minimal which ever is required for the aesthetics and acoustics.

In your case if we take the ceiling height as 8' 2" (net) the possible golden ratios would be

Option1 : 9' 4" W x 11' 5" L
Option2 : 10' 6"W x 12' 6" L
Option3 : 13' 1" W x 19' 1" L

If you are able to achieve almost near to option3 (even though if you loose some space which you had in your mind), then a lot of issues can be avoided.

Another simple option is to increase the height of the ceiling to 9' 10" (~10' - 10' 6"), to make your planned dimension within the golden ratio. (hoping the roof is not yet done)

Last edited:
Suman,

I hope you have seen a few dedicated home theatre's, because that will importantly give you a much better picture how to go about and the errors can drop considerably during the planning stage.

I congratulate you for the excellent room length of 23 feet:licklips:. While that is a another story some of them prefer a huge screen with smaller room lengths.

There are too many things which have to be taken care off during making of the room, so please consider to mention each and every detail on this forum before you proceed as this will eventually help you to get a very good private theater at home.

All the best for a Mount Everest climb. :)

V.

Last edited:
the false ceiling is in the climax stage my height of the room is 8.6ft after the POP celing, guys i would be posting the pics in the next couple of days....suggestions needed in placement of the sub.

My HT room project is done.......with exellelent sound quality nd mund blowing video quality the room had awesome acoustics rhat gives ur a feeling of sitting in a multiplex thank u every one goud ur suggestions and do comment on mi pics

My HT room project is done.......with exellelent sound quality nd mund blowing video quality the room had awesome acoustics rhat gives ur a feeling of sitting in a multiplex thank u every one goud ur suggestions and do comment on mi pics

Post some pics of your HT

nicesetup, took a while to download your pics--would be better if you add few pics in the thread.
a few suggestions, cover the left wall window with a curtain to prevent reflections.
the right wall curtains if can be made double layered with a cheaper thick cloth on the back can make your HT room darker and the experience much better.
I liked your ceiling-superb---- is that preformed or custom made?
have fun, H'.

the rite wall window curtains r 3 layered
and the left wall windows curtains will b up in next 2 days
also am curtaining the sides of my screen to hide wires
yes the roof is customize and the total interior was pland by my dad
tho he is a doctor he has got wonderful ideas
great thanks to just dial guys
who gave me 10 to15 contacts of HT system consultents
i spoke to every one of them
but found a best guy MR.Srikenth
LSS home cinemas
i thank him for his great knowledge
about HT setups and projectors
a one stop shop for all HT needs
witch made my project dun in10days
tuns of thanks for all guys here for there ideas and comments
wishes
Suman Kumar Bhokray

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back