My HT/Entertainment Setup all bought, but work-in-progress!

coolraghav

Samsung D8000 64"
Denon 1911
Qacoustics FS 1050
Centre 1000Ci
Surround 1020i
Woofer 2070S
HiMedia 900B [on it ways from china :indifferent14:]
TataSky HD
QED Cable 30 metres 42 strands
and some chetan cable for the surrounds
Samsung Bluray Player [will b getting this, in exchange of shitty soundbar of my no use]

In process with nice wooden panel in making. Although Ive put up speakers and TV is wall mounted. Will Upload pics by tonight :D

Must mention thanks to neeraj, supported me well and this forum which helped me with my purchase.

Last edited:
img2011102000031.jpg

img2011102000033.jpg

img2011102000039.jpg

Still in progress, but all the material is here. except for the center which i just removed. because cabinet gonna get removed for work. Lot of work pending, but I'm love with the sounddddd !

there's gonna be wooden panel behind the TV so all the wires etc will be hidden inside it, but those things will not be done before diwali.

p.s. last picture aint 3d, thts just blurred :p ..BOLD 4 and too many fast scenes in this movie :mad:

Last edited:
The Samsung D8000 64" is a beauty !!! A review of the TV would be nice if you have the time. Looks like a very big room you have there. Makes a 64" TV look small. Is that Hardwood flooring ?

Looking forward to see what it will look like when completed .

Congrats !!!

Congratulations coolraghav !!! very nice setup, pretty big room you have there. You could have gone for a nice projector with screen. (personal thought)

Man as your handle it looks "COOL".:)

Hope it will be an heaven when it get completes. Are you going to put "poster" in your room.

Regards

The Samsung D8000 64" is a beauty !!! A review of the TV would be nice if you have the time. Looks like a very big room you have there. Makes a 64" TV look small. Is that Hardwood flooring ?

Looking forward to see what it will look like when completed .

Congrats !!!

I found TV really good, I went DLF Place Saket and compared this TV with VT30 as I had both in mind. After reading lot on net that panasonic vt30 is best etc etc. I still couldn't be forced to spend 1.10L extra for panasonic.

Under the floor is great old marble which itself is really nice. But for a change went for wooden tiles. I'm sure what does hardwood flooring means.

Thanks mate.

Congratulations coolraghav !!! very nice setup, pretty big room you have there. You could have gone for a nice projector with screen. (personal thought)

I find projector ugly[as in hardware, latka hua from ceiling] and this isn't just my home theatre room but a dining room too. False ceiling done in this room is a gorgeous job, I will click pics and show you guys soon.

Thanks Kittu..thanks for your help.

Man as your handle it looks "COOL".:)

Hope it will be an heaven when it get completes. Are you going to put "poster" in your room.

Regards

No, no poster. As said above this isn't just my HT room. Thanks a ton.

I have read that if one is placing speakers with spikes on wooden floors, the may need to be placed on rupee coins or such so as to not damage the wooden floor. I don't think you have this problem as your speakers are not on spikes.

Do take an occasional peek at the corners of your TV for signs of peeling of the anti-glare screen. It used to be a problem with the initial batches of this TV but I think that they have fixed this problem with the newer batches.

And yes, the false ceiling is nicely done too. :)

I have read that if one is placing speakers with spikes on wooden floors, the may need to be placed on rupee coins or such so as to not damage the wooden floor. I don't think you have this problem as your speakers are not on spikes.

Do take an occasional peek at the corners of your TV for signs of peeling of the anti-glare screen. It used to be a problem with the initial batches of this TV but I think that they have fixed this problem with the newer batches.

And yes, the false ceiling is nicely done too. :)

What are 'spikes'? I will do take a peek at the corners etc. and I'm gonna run the TV on star movies HD for 48 hours continuously as for testing purposes.

Will show more pics of false ceiling.

Congratulations. Very nice setup Coolraghav. I liked the false ceiling job done neat. With those deep light grooves, will it be any hard to clean the dust settled? do you think lizards and cockroaches breed there? its laughable :lol: I know but I am so confused to have a groove one or simple plain false ceiling at my place

cheers!!
Kevian

Congratulations. Very nice setup Coolraghav. I liked the false ceiling job done neat. With those deep light grooves, will it be any hard to clean the dust settled? do you think lizards and cockroaches breed there? its laughable :lol: I know but I am so confused to have a groove one or simple plain false ceiling at my place

cheers!!
Kevian

As you told it is difficult to clean and possibilities are there to get dust settled but not so interior only on the edges. We can very well do some pest control to avoid settling there.

I'm gonna run the TV on star movies HD for 48 hours continuously as for testing purposes.

If you have not already gone though articles talking about burning in plasma TV's it would be advisable to do so. There was a good thread here on the subject but I am not able to find it.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back