My humble little system!

nice system. what about surrounds? What are you driving them with? Emotiva with klipsch is a combination where emotiva has too much power and klipsch says it doesn't need so much power. But it is a good investment in the amp, if you need to change your speakers, the amp would still work very well with a lot of speakers out there.

well you call that Humble ??

it looks good and must be sounding awsome with the buttkicker's givin the rumble at every thump...

Wonderful system!! BTW, may be "humble little system" seems to be in Norway!! Then we need to showcase our humble little system here!!

Wow, I had a lot of replies allready, forgot to put on subscription to this :D

Yes I need a bigger TV, im trying to sneak a bigger TV in through my GF, but shes not all in for it :p

The Emotiva sounds great with both yamaha and klipsch. Very dynamic sound :D

The room itself is a little bright, but its a living room so not much to expect. The walls are made of concrete, so the reverb time is a little more than usual, the big coutch definetaly helped alot, trying to sneak in a bigger carpet aswell, not too much problems with ear fatigue, im more worried about the neighboors. (its an aparmtent building) :D

We do have great cinema halls in Norway, our colloseum is one of the biggest screens in Europe, holds a thousand people :D

I made the HTPC myself, Asus motherboard, with silent graphic card, have 12 TB of harddisk space now and I put all my DVD and blurays on the PC. I use XBMC for organizing the movies.

When it comes to speakers and placement, its a living room, so cant do anything more about it :(

Everything is calibrated with REW using Tascam US144MKII and Daytin EMM-6 mic, used an antimode 8033s for the final touch on the subwoofers, the bass is tight and clean now, altough the XTZ doesnt go as deep, rolls of at 24hz, maybe need to get some SVS in again :p

Here is some pics of my new speaker cable from Eclipse Audio

Attachments

• DSC_0073.jpg
    DSC_0073.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC_0074.jpg
    DSC_0074.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC_0080.jpg
    DSC_0080.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC_0084.jpg
    DSC_0084.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC_0085.jpg
    DSC_0085.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 243
You should try experimenting with the placements if you're keen on good sound. Turns into a showpiece otherwise.

I know, its not possible in my living room anyway considering WAF.

Anyway its sounds really good :D

Heres a measurement with REW

Attachments

• DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 316
  • etter rk med plater lift 35.jpg
    etter rk med plater lift 35.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 316
My current system:
Front: Klipsch RF-63
Center: Klipsch RC-64
Surround: Klipsch RS-42
Subs: XTZ 99W12.16 12" x2
Butt kickers: SinusLive basspumps x4 under the couch - (hooked up to a Zachry DSW-450 sub amp)
Eclipse Audio cables - The eclipse

Everything is calibrated with REW, and got myself an Antimode 8033s for the last finishing touch

Reciever: Yamaha-2067
Power amp: Emotiva XPA-3

Screen:panasonic 50"G20-Plasma

Source:
PS3-250GB
Xbox 360-120GB
HTPC with BD-drive and 12TB of hard drive space

WoW!!

btw, if you call this humble, we'd probably have to rewrite the definition of humble in the english dictionary :lol:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back