My listening setup!

Ashwin Vyas

Hello friends,

I started my audiophile journey with Shure iems & AK DAP, which changed my perception towards music listening & from that point onward I kept on upgrading my setup time to time.
Headphones: Audeze LCD X, Fostex TH900 MKii, Audio Technica ADX5000 +Forza Audio Cables (currently using), Sony 1000MXII.
Source: Foobar 2000 with mostly Flac files, some Binaural albums, Tidal.
DAC: Metrum Amethyst & Jade R2R NOS DAC
Amplifiers: RMJ Sapphire headphone amp, Rega Brio Stereo amp, Atoll IN100SE (for 1 month use only)
Speakers: Focal Aria 926 floor standing
Video: MSI GE62VR Apache pro gaming laptop routing video to LG OLED as my primary monitor. (MSI has got a lot of fire power hee hee)
Well as far as stereo setup goes, I know there a lot of room for improvements since I have heard my Focals with Atoll & I know these speakers are quite capable with a better amplifier. I would be upgrading the amp section shortly. But so far at the price to performance point, I have no complaints from my Brio.
I welcome suggestions from members who has experience with Focals to suggest a suitable amp with good synergy.

Hello Ashwin, welcome to the forum! you have envious setup. This calls for some pictures! would love to drool :p

Hello friends,

I started my audiophile journey with Shure iems & AK DAP, which changed my perception towards music listening & from that point onward I kept on upgrading my setup time to time.
Headphones: Audeze LCD X, Fostex TH900 MKii, Audio Technica ADX5000 +Forza Audio Cables (currently using), Sony 1000MXII.
Source: Foobar 2000 with mostly Flac files, some Binaural albums, Tidal.
DAC: Metrum Amethyst & Jade R2R NOS DAC
Amplifiers: RMJ Sapphire headphone amp, Rega Brio Stereo amp, Atoll IN100SE (for 1 month use only)
Speakers: Focal Aria 926 floor standing
Video: MSI GE62VR Apache pro gaming laptop routing video to LG OLED as my primary monitor. (MSI has got a lot of fire power hee hee)
Well as far as stereo setup goes, I know there a lot of room for improvements since I have heard my Focals with Atoll & I know these speakers are quite capable with a better amplifier. I would be upgrading the amp section shortly. But so far at the price to performance point, I have no complaints from my Brio.
I welcome suggestions from members who has experience with Focals to suggest a suitable amp with good synergy.
I haven’t had any experience with focal , but I used to have an Accuphase pre power set up... and I have often seen Accuphase teamed up with focals ... have actually seen them with the utopia diablos and they are a lovely match ...
cheers!
Anand

No experience with focal.
However I have read that Naim AMP is suggested for focal, since both of them belong to same audio group.
For reference: Naim and Focal
Naim, I have heard, doesn't go so well with the Focals. Yupp, they use it officially but these speakers are a different animals with a good high current amp.

I haven’t had any experience with focal , but I used to have an Accuphase pre power set up... and I have often seen Accuphase teamed up with focals ... have actually seen them with the utopia diablos and they are a lovely match ...
cheers!
Anand
That's the main issue with Focals, they seems easy to drive but they are not & require a high end amp to drive them to their full potential.

Thanks for the pics!!! The Towers look humble in front of the Head-Fi setup. The table seems to be invading the the space where stereo image would be forming. You should pull your speakers into the room or push the table closer to the wall for pinpoint imaging. I also see a bottle next to the table. Is that snake oil? :p ;-)

Well, when fired up, these Focals make any other setup disappeared just like they do..... I have done a lot of testing for the speaker placement & trust me, the table doesn't invades since my listening position & speakers makes a equi triangle & the wall of sound these speakers create is amazingly spaced across the 3Ds. So in short, the imaging is as good as it gets, you just need to close your eyes like we do usually when we are listening to music. The bottle is Adrmore, not snake oil but its pretty tasty & adds to the joy :):):).

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back