My modified MHZS CD 33F

howw much these mods cost, and how are you testing that mods are compatible with rest of the system. Do you find any audible improvement?

Any improvement in the SQ? I've not tried mods on the opamps but it can be done on my Asus Soundcard and planning to get around to it some weekend.

How much of an improvement is there really in the SQ and is it worth the hassle?

Thanks for your replies guys....

SQ is definitely improving....as it is still in a burn-in phase, I am hoping that it might improve even more. After 100 hours, the sound is bit different...female voices sound a little clear. Musical instruments still are a bit overlapped. I really don't know much time Silmic II need for a complete burn-in. According to AmpOhm, the period is 100 hours which is almost done now.

From what i experienced, completely doing away with opamp will help in a tube based CD player, well it has helped me a lot. According to experts, you need a very good quality interconnect cables. I have silver interconnects which is of OK quality and it seems the whoel setup is working in my favour.

...I have spent a lot almost 15K in capacitors and still i need to buy a TCXO and opamp :)

The reason I bought this CD player is that according to some uses, the SQ can be vastly improved almost to a reference class Marantz player.

Anyone wants to audition in Hyderabad are welcome to my home and I am really eager for a comparison shootout with other much established CDPs

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies guys....

SQ is definitely improving....as it is still in a burn-in phase, I am hoping that it might improve even more. After 100 hours, the sound is bit different...female voices sound a little clear. Musical instruments still are a bit overlapped. I really don't know much time Silmic II need for a complete burn-in. According to AmpOhm, the period is 100 hours which is almost done now.

From what i experienced, completely doing away with opamp will help in a tube based CD player, well it has helped me a lot. According to experts, you need a very good quality interconnect cables. I have silver interconnects which is of OK quality and it seems the whoel setup is working in my favour.

...I have spent a lot almost 15K in capacitors and still i need to buy a TCXO and opamp :)

The reason I bought this CD player is that according to some uses, the SQ can be vastly improved almost to a reference class Marantz player.

Anyone wants to audition in Hyderabad are welcome to my home and I am really eager for a comparison shootout with other much established CDPs

Hi
I use the 88 CDP (slightly modded). The biggest upgrade were the tubes themselves after which I tried the caps. Did you try changing the tubes in here? I dont know which ones to suggest as the 33 uses different tubes from the 88.

cheers

Hi
I use the 88 CDP (slightly modded). The biggest upgrade were the tubes themselves after which I tried the caps. Did you try changing the tubes in here? I dont know which ones to suggest as the 33 uses different tubes from the 88.

cheers

No, I haven't changed the tubes....i think they are some cheap chinese ones. What caps did you change in your CDP???

Anything can be modded !! but i would not suggest you to do that. Instead buy a subwoofer from a good company like Polk Audio and connect the speaker wires to it. I have seen very very good quallity bass from this company's woofers because probably a good quality XO is used in it.

Hi cha-indian/odyssey,

Can you please tell me where in india can i source MHZS CD33/66/88? I dont want to go through ebay or china hifi either.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back